HughesNet Community

Generation 5 daily connectivity loss throughout the day and loss of service every afternoon

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freedom93
Freshman

Generation 5 daily connectivity loss throughout the day and loss of service every afternoon

I have called tech support about this and had no resolution because the agent said it must be weather related when in fact there were clear blue skies. Typically every day  around 2:00 pm CST,  the system light on my HT2000W modem goes out and I see this diagnostic code:

0000-0000-0000-0049

And the message in red:

X unable to resolve gateway.

X you do not have connectivity to the gateway

I also lose connectivty at night and in the morning – in fact throughout my waking hours. Today it was not so bad as no service, just limited connectivity with code: 0000-0000-0002-0489.  Better than nothing? Not really because I still couldn't download my email or load a single page on the Internet.

I upgraded from Generation 4 to 5 last year, thinking connectivity would be better, but it in fact it is much much worse. Typically I end up using my cellphone as a hotspot instead. It makes me wonder why I am paying for two sources of Internet. But while I do not have a contract on my mobile Internet, I am locked into one with Hughesnet. I would cancel Hughesnet in a  heart beat if I could. 

Please can someone help me.

15 REPLIES 15