cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation 5 daily connectivity loss throughout the day and loss of service every afternoon

Re: Generation 5 daily connectivity loss throughout the day and loss of service every afternoon

Hello freedom93,

My apologies for the delay in response. I've located your account and have run initial diagnostics, which doesn't show anything outstanding that could be causing the problem, but I do see some history of packet loss. I can't make much of it without more research. In the meantime, could you try plugging the modem into a different power outlet and ensuring the coaxial cable connection to your wall and modem are secure?

Thanks

Amanda

Freshman

Re: Generation 5 daily connectivity loss throughout the day and loss of service every afternoon

I have been away from my computer, sorry for the delay in answering. I have just moved the plug to a different socket and tightened the coaxial. It has made no difference to the fact that right now I have no service; so I am going to post this using the hotspot on my phone. And since I am connected to the hotpot, I cannot run a connectivity test. 

I checked the dish and took a couple of photos, one of the sky that the dish is printed at and one where the position of the sun can be seen. No tree blockage and no direct sun. 

Freshman

dish and sun.JPGdish view.JPG

Freshman

These are the connectivity reusltsScreen Shot 2018-06-06 at 4.11.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 4.11.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-06 at 4.11.32 PM.png

Hi freedom93,

Thank you for the followup and information. This does help knock out some of the possible causes and I will investigate further today. 

Amanda

Freshman

Lost service on Friday again. Please help me. It was horrible, My laptop crashed and Applecare couldn't help me because I had no Interent to reinstall the OS.

@Amanda wrote:

Hi freedom93,

Thank you for the followup and information. This does help knock out some of the possible causes and I will investigate further today. 

Amanda