cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting dialup speed ....9000 user

Getting dialup speed ....9000 user

Same problem here since Sept 10th..daytime I get around dialup speed..10 to 40kbps. Download zone   mostly under 100kbps. Hours on the phone..2 days waiting on a tech to arrive..30 dollars later and a half day wasted he said all was well on my end  and that it was on Hughes end. Many times pages will not even load.80 bucks a month for dialup and a 30 buck service charge which helped not at all. I have been very happy with Hughes since 2007 until now. Would go for GEN4 if there actually was a download zone and not one in name only where the gbs you download count against you monthly total. Just  a DOWNLOAD ZONE IN NAME ONLY.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Getting dialup speed ....9000 user

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We were able to find your account based on your community profile information, so we'll run remote diagnostics on your site to check the HughesNet equipment and ability to communicate with the satellite. We'll post back once we have an update for you.

To help us address your concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

All this has already been done..ping time is normal and no problems receiving according to the service tech sent out. But after him seeing what actually happens when trying to view web pages or download files he said it was on your end somewhere. This isn't a pc issue as I have tried several and the service technicians laptop also got the dialup speed results. All has been fine since I first got on in 2007. It changed on Sept 10th. Possibly you should have them look to see what if any changes Hughes made in the operations center on that date. Obviously a lot of others are having the same problem from reading posts here. Thanks for replying. I've about given up and am seriously looking at Excede especially since their 15GB plan has a Download Zone that does not count data received as part of the monthly limit like Hughes Gen4 does.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for explaining what happened. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, we have credited your account for a month of service. Please check your e-mail and let us know how we can proceed to address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

No email yet.

Thanks..still slow speeds...it varies from 10mbps to 80mbps during the last  24hrs. Where normal on my 1.5mb per second plan is 400 to 500 mbps. Obviously something happened on your end on Sept 10th.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for the update, it looks like we received an error message trying to e-mail the sonet address we have associated with your HughesNet account, I'm sorry. Please e-mail the best address for us to use to communitysupport@hughes.com.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did that and have received nothing. Slow speeds continue for the 16th day in a row. Utilized the DOWNLOAD zONE TONIGHT AND HAVE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO DOWNLOAD 600 MBS IN 4 HRS. While downloading other webpages will not load. Same thing since 9/10. No improvement.

Not sure this is the fix but when disableling the turbo page my speeds went doubles or tripled....now getting about 200kbps.

Link here...

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/having_trouble_browsing_to_some_web_sites_getting...

Well so much for that idea..it is back to 50kbps now.

Good morning Rick,

Thank you for the updates and your e-mails. We have e-mailed you at the requested addresses to address your concerns.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz