Since after rain came in our area early this morning, we're commonly getting the 12.7.1 error message. I tried rebooting the modem, as well as unplugging the modem and plugging it in, but the error still commonly appears.
This is the current hour history. As you can see, the Uplink is having issues. Whenever the uplink is having issues, the 12.7.1 status code appears.
This is the hourly history. The Xs are when I was sleeping, so the 12.7.1 error must have happened when I was sleeping.
As you can see in the System State Code monitor, the 12.7.1 error message is happening commonly.
And this is the diagnostic code history. The current diagnostic code is 0000-0000-0000-0005. However there are two diagnostic codes that occured before I got that code.
As you can see. the 12.7.1 error message is causing problems for us. If someone can help us with this, that would be appreciated.
Edit: I forgot to say. The current satellite signal is at 104-106.
Do you know which satellite and beam you are on? There is a lot of nasty weather out west today, and it's possible your gateway city is getting hit with this weather.
What does it say for your Satellite Name and Beam ID in the Satellite box of the following page? http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information
With this info I can tell you where your gateway city is.
Or, you can use Corrosive's page to see for yourself where your gateway city is, then check the weather for that area to see what it's been like today. Corrosive's page...
Note: His page can take some time to open.
If it isn't due to weather at your gateway city, the reps will most likely need to take a look to see what's going on. If this is the case, please make sure to leave your modem plugged in so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary. They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM, but they're almost assuredly off tomorrow due to the holiday.
I'm on the EchoStar-XVII satellite. The Beam ID is 17.
I also should should show the hourly history. I haven't had any problems since 6 hours ago it seems. The diagnostic code currently is 0000-0000-0000-0005.
The 12.7.1 code means a short 'Aloha' burst was transmitted but not acknowledged by the gateway. It could mean a break in the link between you and the satellite, or between the satellite and the gateway. As @GabeU says, It's very probable there is severe weather interrupting the link at either location given by that as well as the other indicators at 07/03 23:xx GMT.
It's usually a temporary thing that clears when the weather does. The modem just re-acquires the satellite, re-associates with the gateway, thus re-establishing the datalink.
@MarkJFineI see. Also I would like to report another status code that I'm getting.
Yes, as you can see, I'm currently getting the 12.1.12 status code, or I was. Now it's back to being normal again.
And while I'm at it, I might as well show the current hour history, hourly history, and current state code monitor:
Well, I'm here to report another status code I got (it was only ten seconds):
Yup, I got 11.3.1, and that was when the signal got extremely low it seems.
Looks as if there's something intermittently blocking transmission. That also could be weather, but when I was getting that it was from trees occasionally blowing into the signal path. I've since downed the trees and have a very stable link (knock on wood) to the satellite.
That said, it could also be due to intermittent variations in power going to the dish's transceiver. They highly recommend plugging the modem directly into a wall socket and not using a power strip or battery backup inverter power. They also recommend making sure the DIN connector that supplies power to the modem is secure in the back (it can sometimes come loose if moved) as well as all parts of the power brick. Likewise, the RF-cable that goes to the dish provides DC power to the transceiver, so the F-connectors of the cable needs to be finger tight.
Anything more than these two things might have be checked out by professionals*. The moderators here are able to do remote diagnostics when they return after the holiday and can determine if a technician should be dispatched for anything more serious.
Should point out that any of these might not necessarily show as a degraded signal level. Literally anything blocking the path could also cause the error.
For example, in a (fairly recent) former life I managed a department in South Korea that maintained a satcom link. It regularly got attacked by buzzards pecking at the feed horn. They ultimately solved it by wrapping barbed wire on the transceiver boom.
Just thought I'd throw that last one out there as an amusing, yet interesting tidbit of useless information on a holiday.
*Note: I'm not a HughesNet employee.
Well, your gateway is in Tucson, AZ, and it doesn't look like Tucson has been seeing much in the way of weather than could cause the connection issues you're experiencing, so it's likely that the problem is being caused by something else. Perhaps one of the things that Mark mentioned. Probably not buzzards, though.
I'm sure the reps will be able to determine what's going on.