cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

Getting the old,  

“We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later”  

on the restore tokens page, YET AGAIN! This keeps “breaking”, it works after the “Developers” get notified, and then breaks again shortly thereafter when you need to restore your tokens again..... .  

I am trying to use my restore tokens from the system control and/or the “Status Meter” app, cannot get it to work. I have also tried going the customer care page and there I get a openid error.

This is the URL addy that the Status Meter app, and the control center sends you to (it is the same one).

http://services.hughesnet.com/service_tools/tokens/

You put in your SAN, and Zip, and you get the above “Screw You” Message. I have tried it in Mozilla, and IE the issue is the same, it is coming from your page. No matter how many times or when, to include rebooting the Modem, and/or your computer, you still get it.

(Note: I have put the URL, and the “Steps” I have taken so we don’t have to go through the delaying tactic of this being asked for, and hopefully, we can get this directly pushed to the “Developers”).

PLEASE FIX THIS, and fix it where it stays fixed. I develop computer and web applications, if your “Developers” cannot fix something this easy then you need to hire some real programmers.

This issues CONTINUES to come up, again, and again, and again.......... It either “Breaks” on purpose, or your developers are extremely incompetent. I have been a Hughes-Net customer since 2001 and I am sick and tired of this continuing to happen.

PLEASE fix the issue, and quit playing games,

Scott

27 REPLIES 27
Assistant Professor

Re: Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

That direct link you posted does not work for me either. Never use it, always use the Status Meter interface or MyDashboard. There may be something in the coding that requires access through the meter or dashboard.

My meter and dashboard interface is working for tokens though. Have you tried rebooting the modem?
Associate Professor

Re: Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

That URL is not valid at all if you have a Gen4 system IMO, you will get one of two errors, the one you posted, or, one that says your account isn't authorized to refill.

It's best to refill either by using the Status Meter, or by visiting http://my.hughesnet.com and logging into there.

Why Hughes still links people to the old websites on their modems is beyond me...  I wish they didn't sometimes.

Champion & sgoshe,

While I am grateful for your time in answering me,
as per my original post, that must have not been read,
I had said this:

>>"I am trying to use my restore tokens from the system control and/or the “Status Meter” app, >>cannot get it to work. I have also tried going the customer care page and there I get a openid error.

>>This is the URL addy that the Status Meter app, and the control center sends you to (it is the same >>one).

>>http://services.hughesnet.com/service_tools/tokens/"

So, I will say it again, I HAVE tried, and HAVE used the:
1). Status Meter ap
2). the control center on the modem....... 
3). The customer care page (also known as Dash board)

NOTE: again.........  BOTH 1 & 2 bring you to the same site, which does NOT work.

#3 above:
The Dash Board does NOT work at all, i.e. you click to sign in and do so,
it says "initiating your session"........ then happily brings you to a blank page that has
NOTHING on it...... you can refresh, try again.......what ever it is of course BROKEN as well.
both in Mozilla, and IE., I have also tried on my other OS's (W8, W7, XP, and Vista).
I will go a head and answer the question, NO it is not my version of software or browsers or OS, all are up to date.

as I mentioned I do programming and hardware, here is the Standard simple solution that has been known for decades in the computer industry, this stuff is NOT HARD, and is well known and understood by both hardware and software programmers.

1). On the status meter software....  FIX THE LINK IN THE CODE.......  or if that is too hard,
do a "Re-direct" on the old broken "restore tokens" website to the Working "restore tokens" website.
2). On the Modem "Control Centers", you can do a remote "Firmware" upgrade that would include
an update to the "Web Server" on the modem to also reflect the Working "restore tokens" web addy.
OR...... again, just do a Re-direct for people that land on the Old broken restore tokens to redirect to the new working one on the Hughes net servers.
3). Like 1 and 2 above, FIX the webpage.

Here is a novel idea, since we get 5 "Free" tokens (that we can never use due to the above), each month, how about have the system automatically USE ONE for you when you go over........ perhaps a "Tick Box" (assuming you can get to a working page), that says, "Yes, do that for me".

There is NOTHING like being punished to FAR, FAR less then dial up speed for the following 24 hours because you dared go over you limit (i.e. obligatory downloads to your OS, or the like).
And........ No, the schedulers do not work either......... been their done that...

FYI:  I am NOT mad at anyone here on this forum that is kind enough to offer a solution. I would prefer one(s) that work, that I have NOT already tried. The frustrating issue is the Hughes net system, and POOR software/hardware programming and/or attention to detail.

IF...... you wonder why people finally get feed up and switch to cable.........well, it is crap like this.

Scott
Associate Professor

Hmm, what version of the status meter are you using?  Because the status meter connects to the following on v6.2.0
1: When it's running it queries "http://192.168.0.1/getdeviceinfo/info.bin?" for allowance information.
2: When you click "Purchase Tokens" it then queries "http://api.statusmeter.hughesnet.com/clients/get_products/YOURSAN" to see what can be purchased.
3: When you click Purchase it then queries pretty much the same above URL.

I honestly can not find a single portion of the current status meter pointing back to the old website.

As far as "get feed up and switch to cable", Hughesnet was never meant to compete with cable, it's something for rural folks to use to get internet, because those big cable companies that you seem to love, don't care about the people, they look as you as if you are a big ol' money cow, not enough cattle, no point in going there.

Well, I re-downloaded the latest Status Meter, and it still gives me the same error message as before.

In about 1 hour from now, my 24 hours in LESS THAN DIAL-UP SPEED HELL will be over, so at that point it will be a moot point. It appears that the issue just will not be fixed.....

As far as cable is concerned, the monthly cost is 70% for what I am currently paying for sat.,
with NO Bandwidth Allowance and subsequent 24 hour punishment period, and waaaayyyy over 10x the download (and upload) speed.

I don't like the crappy customer service of cable either, but, it beats the crap out of this POOR service system and super slug speed.....

Just so you know, my 24 hour punishment period has just ended, and I even tried to "Purchase" tokens, using the newly downloaded status meter......... still SAME errors........

It would be great if the programmers that Hughes uses in India could actually program the web pages to work.........  (yeap, been down that customer service call center in India via hughes net as well, no fun or results there either).

Thanks for at least attempting to help,

Scott
Associate Professor

Actually the team responsible for all the software is based out of Germantown Maryland, sooo....

When you click "Purchase" what is the exact error thrown? Can you get a screenshot?  If you are on an HN9000 system, you can purchase tokens ahead of time and they will be deposited into a Token Bytes Bucket for use in the future.

Hello Scott

Sorry to hear you're having this problem again! Do you have links to your original posts so I can see who we talked to and what they did? Also - we don't have any support in India & and our designers and engineers are here in Maryland.

Can you try to use a token from your Status Meter and screenshot the error?

Thank you
Amanda

I have a 7000 modem, and it has worked for over a decade now.
I have attached a screen shot per your request error is as reported and conditions for that error as of my FIRST post. You get the error when you land on this page, if you push the Purchase tokens button from the status meter as well... 

FYI, every time I have called customer support, I got some guy or gal with an Indian or Pakistani accent (a bad one at that), who did NOT have a good grasp of spoken English.

Also, since you say the developers are in Maryland, then the assumption is they are perhaps English as a native language and hopefully American trained Software engineers....... if so, they should be able to program in a SIMPLE redirect into the HTML code of the "Restore Tokens" page.......

Further, it is a TRIVIAL thing to make it where, if you go over your bandwidth allotment for the day, it would automatically apply one of your 5 free tokens (that you can never get to), automatically to restore your service. Once those 5 are auto used, then it can stop and ask you to purchase one (or more). Doing something like this would be a HUGE step toward true customer satisfaction.

I guess at this point there is nothing left for me to say on the matter, except fix the problems listed above.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Scott

Hi Scott

Perhaps you are encountering someone in support who immigrated? It's a pretty common thing now.

The screenshot you have attached is infact not from the status meter, but from your System Control Center. You can download and install the Status Meter from http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com to use your tokens from there. I think this is where the confusion is coming from.

If you don't want to install the status meter you can still use the link I've provided, click on the "usage" tab and look at your download history and purchase/use tokens.

The HN7000S model is from the beginning of our residential services and does not have the robust "auto-use" token features that Gen4 does. If you don't live in Alaska, you should consider upgrading.

Thanks,
Amanda