cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

Re: Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

NO.......  PLEASE, PLEASE, again, read and look at my 1st post.......
ALL of the following:
1). The control center
2). The status meter
3). The Dash board
ALL go to that page!!!! (the one you have the screen shot of).
Then when on that page, you put in your SAN and Zip and you get the message.......

So, the confusion is, no one is reading my 1st post, again, re-read that one.
I just want your developers, to FIX the "Restore Tokens" page, or put a Re-direct on the one that I keep landing on, no matter which route I go through, so it re-directs and lands on the correct page.

Thanks,

Scott
Associate Professor

Re: Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

No, we are reading your post - the simple fact is, the status meter should never, ever go to that page, ever.

When opened the Status Meter goes to (Yours may appear SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT):

When you click Purchase Tokens it then takes you to the following:

Again, get us a screenshot that shows the Hughesnet Status Meter, screenshots are the most helpful thing.  Showing a screenshot of your modems SCC doesn't really show us anything aside from it having a frame that displays that page, which is no longer supported. 

Maybe take the five minutes and read what Amanda asked earlier before you posted your screenshot of the SCC, she asked for a picture of the status meter and the error the status meter gives.

Hi Scott

That is why I asked for a screenshot of your 2.) Status Meter - could you re-read my post please?

Can you get me the picture of your status meter doing this?

Thank you
Amanda

Ok, it is still not working.......

Per the above request, here is screen shots of status meter (the latest), and where it takes me when you try and restore OR purchase tokens. Just so you know per my already posted several times now.... it takes me to the same NON-WORKING restore and/or purchase tokens page.

So, again, per my first post and request can someone get this fixed (also as per first request). Since we have officially completed all the delaying games, and/or trying to find ways to blame it on the customer or trying to get them to "Upgrade" (spend more money), on a system that and service that appears UNABLE or UNWILLING to fix a simple webpage.

So, to once again since this appears to be hard to understand the Restore Tokens page does not work from the following:

1). The Control Center
2). The Status Meter
3). The Dash board.

Screen shots attached from the status meter, and the restore tokens pages that ALL three above take you to, the one that does not work on the Hughes net server.

If the "answer" for the issue still is, you should upgrade your equipment, (which makes no sense since the restore tokens page is on a Hughes net server not my local modem, like even the Dash board), perhaps HN can send me a FREE modem for Christmas!

I will leave this post with a closing simple request, FIX THE WEBSITE for restoring tokens.

Hopefully, the next reply will FINALLY be, "we will send this issue to our developers to fix", which is what I had asked in the first post. Hopefully the "Delay and Frustrate" the customer algorithm has run its course, and we can now go down the Fix the problem flow chart pathway.

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your reply. Are you actually clicking on Purchase Tokens on the top right? If you click there, it will keep you inside the status meter. The status meter should not open a new window redirecting you to an old website we don't use anymore.

it takes me to the same NON-WORKING restore and/or purchase tokens page.
Our developers are not going to  "fix" a website we no longer use and do not support or update now that we have our official Support Center. If you're having issues with http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com I can definitely have that looked at, though.

Since we have officially completed all the delaying games, and/or trying
to find ways to blame it on the customer or trying to get them to
"Upgrade" (spend more money)

We don't play games in the community - we get things fixed with everyone's cooperation. I have only recommended you consider upgrading Which, by the way, for you would be free anyway.

If the "answer" for the issue still is, you should upgrade your
equipment, (which makes no sense since the restore tokens page is on a
Hughes net server not my local modem, like even the Dash board), perhaps
HN can send me a FREE modem for Christmas!
My answer was not for you to upgrade and I am sorry you feel that way. You are correct - the restore token page on the Support Center is on our website and not your modem, so no, we will not replace your modem for you (since we don't stock them anyway)

Hopefully, the next reply will FINALLY be, "we will send this issue to
our developers to fix", which is what I had asked in the first post.
Hopefully the "Delay and Frustrate" the customer algorithm has run its
course, and we can now go down the Fix the problem flow chart pathway.

I don't use a flow chart- but if you have an issue with the Support Center I can get that fixed. If you continue to use http://customercare.myhughesnet.com I can't do anything about it. If you are clicking on the Purchase Tokens, Use/Free option after that and you are getting a pop up window that redirects you to the old link, I can report that too.

Amanda

"If you are clicking on the Purchase Tokens, Use/Free option after that and you are getting a pop up window that redirects you to the old link, I can report that too."

Then report it, is does not work for me either, goes to same  broken page as all the others do.

later

Associate Professor

Do us a favor, go to http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com log in, and try to purchase/use a token there.  If you run into an error, take a full screen shot and post it up, and tell us exactly what you was doing.  It will not redirect you to the old website, it's not coded to do so from what I can tell, neither is the Hughesnet Status Meter unless you are accessing things via the modem.

Hi Champion,

I guess I am just going to give up.........
I am tired of fighting this, and wasting time over it.
I now have a new issue when going to the support center link you provided. When I Sign in,
it brings me to a completely BLANK page. The twirly does stop spinning, I have tried leaving it on that page for 30 minutes in case is was a REAL SLOW load issue...... and refreshing. Have tried it in both IE and Mozilla.

But, even though I am throwing in the towel, and chalking it up to: it just isn't going to work for me.
I would like to thank both You and Amanda for at least trying to help me.

I would also ask you both for forgiveness, I was kind of short and hateful in my post. I was NOT mad at you guys, I am just SSSSSOOOOOO sick and tired of this, plus frustrated.

It appears at least for me, that when I go over my 250mb limit per day, that I just have to live with being punished for the following 24 hours in FAR less than dial up speed. Until it auto-refills.

From the Status Meter application, no matter if I hit Purchase tokens or whatever it just does not work. Further, (at least for me), I am unable now to "Sign in" from the dashboard (support) Hughes net web page.

Again, I do apologize for my poor attitude, and do ask for your forgiveness.
I hope you both have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Regards,

Scott
Associate Professor

Don't give up, we are just confused because the status meter and most of the websites that should be used now, don't link back to the old token system from what we know, so having screen shots of the new website showing errors, or linking back and a detailed explination of what your doing at that time, would help sending a complaint to developers.

Developers in my limited experience, are a picky species, they like to know every little thing thats going on if something breaks, and scratch their heads if they can't reproduce the issue.  To be honest, an issue must be able to be reproduced by the developer at least once for them to know why things aren't working.  So as much data as possible would be needed.
Honorary Alumnus

Lets think out of the box here a little,

Thoughts that come to mind:

A 7000 is going to be slow anyway due to transponder congestion ... not much we can do about that but browser timeouts are likely.

We cannot on a 7000 toggle Web Acceleration in the same manner as 9000 &1xxx systems but we can force a reconnection by doing a "turbopage teardown":

A "how to" can be found here from my 7000 days:

http://www.ricksyakshack.com/view_topic.php?id=9977&forum_id=73

Repeats may likely be needed.

Any "linked" address is going to result in a DNS look.

Have you cleared the modems DNS cache with a hard modem reset ?

If using a router, a router will also cache IP address ... have you rebooted your router ?

(power off both devices and reboot modem followed by router)

Have you cleared your computers cached DNS by opening a command prompt and doing a ipconfic /flushdns command ?

Have you set up in either your adopter settings and/or router a different DNS service such as Google ?

This Hen isn't completely plucked yet.