cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

Re: Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

Ok, did all the above, it still no worky.......
So, let me ask this, it appears the issue is my Ancient modem....
I bought my system outright in the beginning (2000 or 2001 can't remember which).

So, is there a way, as per mentioned by Amanda that Hughes net would send me a "Free" new modem? (free meaning, my bill doesn't start mysteriously going up, and/or my bandwidth going down etc.)?

again, thanks for your help, let me know if there is a new router thing pathway that makes sense.

Scott

Re: Getting the old, “We're sorry, but your site is current unavailable. Please try again later” , YET AGAIN!!!

Hello Scott

Like everyone said, don't give up! I found your account tried to login as you on the Support Center (http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com) but I got an error. This error is something we've known about and have to fix manually but should fix both the Support Center and Status Meter! I'll let you know what's going on - already sent an email about it to the engineers.

Thanks,
Amanda

Smiley Happy  waiting/hoping.....

Hi poppabear

Haven't forgotten you! I asked for a status update on your case and will let you know if I hear something tomorrow (I should) thank you for sticking around - we'll make it worth your while.

Thanks
Amanda

Hi poppabear,

The issue should be resolved now - can you log in and give it a test? I am sorry it has taken so long!

Thanks
Amanda

Hello Amanda,

First let me say, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

OK, I opened up the status meter ap, and hit "Purchase Tokens", and POOF, IT WORKED!!!!  I have the option(s) to use my complementary tokens, my purchased tokens or buy more!!! (as it should be!!).

So, now for the "Acid Test", (I will wait to do this one until after Christmas), but, I will go to YouTube and watch two or three, 5 minute videos and that will easily go over my 250mb/day data limit, at which point it switches over to punishment mode.  It is and has been while in punishment mode that, (possibly because my speed is SSSOOO limited that it times out), but, that is also when it has (or hopefully had), the tendency to crap out and go no where..........

currently, I just don't want to take the chance until after Christmas, after all the hub-bub dies down.

Scott

Hi poppabear,

We'll, I'll be around for Christmas to help you out anyway! Glad its workin' so far though. I said I'd make it worth your while waiting on me and there are 10 complimentary tokens waiting for you to use via your status meter or Support Center. Please keep me in the loop and let me know if you need anything. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Amanda
New Poster

Hello, all,

I am certainly not trying to hijack Poppa Bear's thread, but as another long-time Hughesnet customer (going back to the dual 4000 modems and now still with the HN7000S modem), I have many of the same issues. Partly it is that the claim that being FAPed reverts to modem speed  is not quite accurate, as my recollection of dial-up is that I could still load pages. Trying to go through the token process is near impossible after being FAPed.

Last time that I tried (several days ago) it took a little over two hours to finally successfully get to the page that a token was accepted and the FAP limit lifted. I tried going through the Status Meter link as well as the link via 192.168.0.1 and either nothing happened (waiting for services.hughesnet.com) forever, with the page either not refreshing at all or to a blank page, or finally getting to the SAN/Zipcode token page (and then a timeout) or (most frustratingly) all the way to the point where I choose a token and Submit and then it times out. In both of those cases, of course, there's no way to go back other than starting over entirely.Two hours.

I tried a while ago to use a token while I still had a few MB left in my download allowance so I could go through this process while I was still able to browse at all,and, as you know, this is apparently not possible. Would it not be a useful feature to be able to apply a token proactively? Even if it is not possible for whatever reason to make such a purchase additive (adding 250MB to the remaining balance), I would rather burn a few MB to refill my bucket before I am absolutely dead in the water and have to go through that hell.

I realize that it's not a high priority for Hughesnet to provide support to malingering HN7000S customers, but surely being a loyal customer through thick and thin for 20 years is worth some consideration...

Thanks for listening.

Dave