Getting to the Heart of A Matter of the MTA 6328-2 Re

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee98611
Freshman

Getting to the Heart of A Matter of the MTA 6328-2 Re

I have been a user of computers ever sense i have been 16 years old.

I have opperated computers rang8ng from Linux to Windows. 

With that said, i am well versed in many areas of technologies having to do with the internet.

As owners we should have access to all operations of said devices.

Now to the point.

I never reciecved an instruction manual for the MTA 6328-2 Re. Unit 

So i took it upon myself to go to the source and get its pdf.

Now i find it odd that i am unable to commit to do the following  task for what ever reason.

And i feel.as said owner of this device i should have full access.

On page 6 of a 102 page panual it states this.

Table 3. Web User Interface - Logging in
Step Action 1 Open your web browser and enter the IP address of the SIP Device. 192.168.99.1 is the default address.

The Login Dialogue Box as shown in Figure 5 appears

2 Enter your Username and Password. NOTE: The default User Name is "Admin" and Password is "password".

For security reason, it is recommended to change the default Administrator ID and Password after initial login.

See Changing Administrator ID and Password on page 24 for details.

Now as a well educated internet user i treat this as a very serious matter where i am unable to comete said task.

Either my equipment  has been tampered with or alltered or something else has taken place.

I would like to no why as owner and as administrator i am blocked from accessing  this area known as "Web Service"?

And why am i blocked for all admin options.especially  if i own the equipment. 

I have contacted InNo Media and they stated that sometimes companies add thier own firmware to the device.

If this is the case i would lime to know in truth if this is what has occured and if so..Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hello Lee98611,

I understand from your previous posts you prefer a plain and simple answer, so I will be direct for you.

Q: "I would like to no why as owner and as administrator i am blocked from accessing  this area known as "Web Service"?"

A: Thousands of these devices were specifically re-developed for use with the HughesNet service. Because of this, the original software from the original manufacturer may not be included in your version of the software.

I would also like to provide some further information regarding our previous answers. The Voice Subscriber Agreement is an addendum to the Residential Subscriber agreement. Here are some excerpts which I believe will clear this up:

Voice Subscriber Agreement:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/VoiceServiceAgreement/index.cfm

Opening -

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE HUGHESNET VOICE SERVICE ADDENDUM CAREFULLY. IT IS AN ADDENDUM TO YOUR HUGHESNET RESIDENTIAL SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT (THE “SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT”) AND, TOGETHER WITH THE REST OF THE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT AND THE HUGHESNET SUBSCRIBER PRIVACY POLICY, GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE HUGHESNET VOICE SERVICE.

EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE INDICATED IN THIS ADDENDUM, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT APPLY TO THE HUGHESNET VOICE SERVICE.

Partial excerpt from Section 3 of Voice Subscriber Agreement:

EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN SECTION 12 (“LIMITED WARRANTY ON EQUIPMENT”), THE ATA EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, HUGHES DOES NOT WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE, OF THE ATA EQUIPMENTIN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS, OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE ATA EQUIPMENT IS ASSUMED BY YOU.

Residential Subscriber Agreement:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Partial excerpt from Part IV, Section 7

PART IV – PERMITTED USE AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE 

7 SOFTWARE LICENSE. 

To facilitate your use of the Service, Hughes may provide you with software and written materials including documentation (the “Software”). Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Hughes grants you a limited personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable and nontransferable license to use and display the Software on any machine(s) on which you are the primary user or which you authorize for use. 

Part V, Section 9

9 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSES. 

Hughes reserves all copyrights and other rights in and to any content available through the Service which is identified as, claimed by us as, or known by you to be, proprietary to Hughes or its licensors (collectively, “Proprietary Content”). The Proprietary Content is protected under U.S. and international copyright laws, including as a collective work. All copying, modification, distribution, publication, or other use by you, or by any user of your account, of any such content or other works is prohibited, except as expressly permitted by Hughes. 

Lastly, please note that the equipment was purchased from HughesNet  and not the original manufacturer. Any documents or software from other versions of hardware not purchased from us is not guaranteed to be included or applicable to the version you are using. In this case, the documentation you refer to in your other post does not apply to this particular version.

I hope that I was able to expand on our previous answers for you.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

There is no reason for customers to have access to the equipment in that manor, it's nothing but a device to connect your phone to your modem if you have Hughesnet voice.

You also do NOT own the equipment unless you paid the full purchase price, or have completed the minimum term agreement according to the Hughesnet Voice Subscriber Agreement.  http://legal.hughesnet.com/VoiceServiceAgreement/index.cfm

That aside, the ATA is programmed to work with Hughesnet specifically, and the HT2000w and HT1100 units are also programmed to route the traffic for those units differently.  That is the only way to get decent call quality over satnet, and is why most other VOIP solutions wont work.

Amanda

Hello Lee98611,

I understand from your previous posts you prefer a plain and simple answer, so I will be direct for you.

Q: "I would like to no why as owner and as administrator i am blocked from accessing  this area known as "Web Service"?"

A: Thousands of these devices were specifically re-developed for use with the HughesNet service. Because of this, the original software from the original manufacturer may not be included in your version of the software.

I would also like to provide some further information regarding our previous answers. The Voice Subscriber Agreement is an addendum to the Residential Subscriber agreement. Here are some excerpts which I believe will clear this up:

Voice Subscriber Agreement:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/VoiceServiceAgreement/index.cfm

Opening -

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE HUGHESNET VOICE SERVICE ADDENDUM CAREFULLY. IT IS AN ADDENDUM TO YOUR HUGHESNET RESIDENTIAL SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT (THE “SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT”) AND, TOGETHER WITH THE REST OF THE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT AND THE HUGHESNET SUBSCRIBER PRIVACY POLICY, GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE HUGHESNET VOICE SERVICE.

EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE INDICATED IN THIS ADDENDUM, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT APPLY TO THE HUGHESNET VOICE SERVICE.

Partial excerpt from Section 3 of Voice Subscriber Agreement:

EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN SECTION 12 (“LIMITED WARRANTY ON EQUIPMENT”), THE ATA EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, HUGHES DOES NOT WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE, OF THE ATA EQUIPMENTIN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS, OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE ATA EQUIPMENT IS ASSUMED BY YOU.

Residential Subscriber Agreement:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Partial excerpt from Part IV, Section 7

PART IV – PERMITTED USE AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE 

7 SOFTWARE LICENSE. 

To facilitate your use of the Service, Hughes may provide you with software and written materials including documentation (the “Software”). Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Hughes grants you a limited personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable and nontransferable license to use and display the Software on any machine(s) on which you are the primary user or which you authorize for use. 

Part V, Section 9

9 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSES. 

Hughes reserves all copyrights and other rights in and to any content available through the Service which is identified as, claimed by us as, or known by you to be, proprietary to Hughes or its licensors (collectively, “Proprietary Content”). The Proprietary Content is protected under U.S. and international copyright laws, including as a collective work. All copying, modification, distribution, publication, or other use by you, or by any user of your account, of any such content or other works is prohibited, except as expressly permitted by Hughes. 

Lastly, please note that the equipment was purchased from HughesNet  and not the original manufacturer. Any documents or software from other versions of hardware not purchased from us is not guaranteed to be included or applicable to the version you are using. In this case, the documentation you refer to in your other post does not apply to this particular version.

I hope that I was able to expand on our previous answers for you.

Thank you,

Amanda

Thanks, that does help. It also explains a few other things.
Thanks.