cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost usage of anytime and bonus data and lots of login issues with the new system

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Ghost usage of anytime and bonus data and lots of login issues with the new system

Eliu,
It was suggested to you to start your own topic because .....

This forum is staffed M-F by Hughes employees that are located in the Hughes Germantown MD headquarters building.
As such, they have more knowledge and more resources available to them than the lower tier support levels that you may have contacted before.

Every issue that a user may have is unique and as such needs to be looked at on its own merits.

At this level, you are at the "top of the food chain" in regards to official support as well as a number of long term and experienced users that may well assist you until the Hughes employees return on Monday.

Re: Ghost usage of anytime and bonus data and lots of login issues with the new system

And, Eliu, to add to Gwalk's comment: the request to start your own thread is far from, as you put it, stupid. As long as your problem has piggybacked on a message thread containing many comments about many problems, it is very difficult to sort out your problem troubleshooting from rest.  My advice to you, if you really want your service problems to be fixed, is to do as you are requested. 

Hello awash112,

I've created a new thread to focus on addressing your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I've created a new thread to focus on addressing your concerns.

-Liz

Please reference the new conversation here: struggling to try to find a reason and assistance for why all my data is being us...
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz,

Please be sure to check your thread here where we are awaiting your action and reply.

Thanks,
Liz
Highlighted

What action and reply are you awaiting on from me? I have no email requesting an action or reply, so I'm clueless as to what you are wanting me to do. And as I stated in the other post that you chose to create a new thread to, why waste the time and energy in creating a new thread when the posts are in relation to the same occurring issue. Instead of wasting time and energy in creating new threads, just get the problems fixed!

Hi Liz,

My apologies if you didn't receive the e-mail notifying you of your thread; it's located here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/losing-data-regardless-if-we-consume-it-or-if-our...

We would love to look into fixing anything as long as we first determine something isn't functioning properly. In your thread, I've provided instructions on determining whether the HughesNet modem is generating data usage when isolated. If it shows that the modem is using significant amounts of data when it's not connected to any device, then that's definitely something we would want to have our engineers address.

Thanks,
Liz
Alum

Hi Herbert,

We do appreciate the feedback on our new website portal. It is constantly being worked on by our developers and they are trying their best to make the experience for the user as easy and smooth as possible. Most users are able to register with no hiccups, however when upgrading, things can get a bit rocky. I'm glad to hear that they were able to finally grant you access. 

Pertaining to the screenshots. The reason we need them are for our engineers. If you really think that there is in fact a significant amount of data usage from our doing, and that there is something wrong with the HughesNet equipment, then we will gladly escalate your case. But we cannot walk into an engineers office empty handed. The posts that you see in this community concerning data usage have never been proven to this day. Most people realize that it is something on their end because once they eliminate all other connections by unplugging the LAN cable and there is no usage, that then confirms to us that our equipment is working fine. Unfortunately after that we cannot be in your home to troubleshoot your other devices to deem them as the source. 

Also the amount of data used to communicate with the satellite is not significant, and is overhead data, which does not count against your data allowance. Here is a link explaining a bit more:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/usage_data_calibration_is_complete

You can run the test again and post the screen shots and if you need some assistance with this I love using the snipping tool since you can pick small portions to save and even add some lines and text after the fact. Here is a video on how to use it efficiently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvA2BNyzK1I

I hope all this helps and I assure you we are not robots here at HugheNet, we do care and are willing to help. I've gone ahead and added some token bandwidth to your account so that you will have a more significant amount to start testing with. Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris