cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given Up on customer service

Junior

Given Up on customer service

Hello,

I have had so many techs out here, they either briefly fix the conectivity issues or avoid them all together. This is my second year of fighting HughesNet. Basicly they win I give up! I told the tech that the sattilite that we were originally on would not work, we had consistant issues with connectivity. So he switched us back to it anyway. now at best we get 2ook to 500k on average. I had to down grade our Imac and macbooks because of the massive lag produced from the sattilite switch. before the tech moved the dish to the other sat we conecceted at 1000k to 1500k. (I know how data limites work and this was not an issue hooking up at the 1 to 1.5mbps when we used the all of the gigs on our plan. The latency was way better,. Now our systems drag. They can not handle the new 64bit software. My wife has lost over 40 hours of work because of this.

After the tech left the site our internet failed yet again! I called him and even txted him but got no response. I do not know why no one will listen? Is this something that Hughesnet traines employees to do?  I am litterly forced to move or wait until DSL becomes avalible because I can not get a sooth running system. I do not understand why the tech didn't pole mount my dish? I dont not know why he felt like moving the dish to a sattilite that does not work here? I have been looking into alternative services but I hear that Viasat is 100 times worse than Hughs. I find it odd that we pay some much for truely terrible service!

Hopefully SpaceX will offer service out here in 2020.

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Professor

Re: Given Up on customer service

You may be better off conducting your customer service interactions on this site, where you have access to corporate employees.  Your last post regarding your phone service was 3 weeks ago, so the reps here closed your thread because you hadn't contacted them.  

You'll find better customer service here, especially if you use this venue as opposed to the phone reps, who have far fewer powers. Additionally, the corporate reps can probably do a lot more to chastise contractors who make the brand look bad. 

I hope @Liz will see your post and get involved. 

Junior

I have learned that this seems to be the place to get things done when it comes to hughes issues. Liz is fantastic and working with people on here. I am to a point where I refuse to even call in anymore. I have had so many issues just getting the main computer downgraded and back online. I have put in about 40 hours. Apples OS Catolina absolutly will not work on the current sattilite I was switched to. So thankful I have family in town that have DSL I finally packed up all the computers and took them in for the downgrade. I can not belive how hard it was to get them switched back to Mojave. 

Professor

I've been lucky with Catalina so far, and I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience. I do hope you can get some more help here. 

@Robp1,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for the delay in response. After reviewing the technician's notes from the previous appointment, it appears this switch was made due to very poor line of sight. When it comes to the pole mount, this was ultimately deemed unnecessary since the signal quality was corrected immediately. The problem here is that if we switch you back to what you are were on before, the pole mount may not be in the correct position to fix the issue you were previously experiencing. I recommend sticking with your current setup and waiting for our engineering team to resolve this. I am currently seeing reports of your specific beam being worked on to improve this issue. If you would instead like to proceed with your original request, I can have a technician go back out. Please keep in mind that if the technician is unable to get a good signal based on how the dish was previously positioned, it will remain in its current position. Due to the amount of time you have been experiencing this, I will also waive any fees associated.  On another note, I see that you have exceeded your monthly data allotment as well. Depending on when this appointment is completed, you may still experience reduced speeds until your next data refresh date. With that being said, please let me know what you would like to do going forward. 

-Damian 

Junior

The monthly data is always used. It was never a huge problem before because on the other satellite we had lower latency and a stable signal. General download speeds were almost always 1.5mbps and the latency was around 72. Our systems responded very well even though the speeds were lower our systems worked. Now when we’re out of Data the throttled speed averages 300-500kbps and the latency is in the 150. We can barely do anything. The pole mount would work because it could be moved to a location other than right in front of my home.
Distinguished Professor IV

@Robp1 

Latency with HughesNet is always at least around 600ms, and usually sits in the 600ms to 700ms range.  If something is giving you a latency result of 72ms or 150ms, it's erroneous.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

I could have mis read it but, I was almost positive that’s what was showing.
Junior

Complete foot in mouth moment on the latency error. What I meant was signal strength. I’m in the low 90’s on the new sat. The old sat was mid 120s on signal strength. So I am still not sure why they moved us to the new sat with a weaker signal.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Robp1 

The signal strengths can actually be a bit misleading when comparing them, as they vary from beam to beam, as well as one's location within their beam.  A signal strength of 90 with one beam may actually be better than 100 on another.  The 90s are no doubt less than 120s, but your signal is likely still very good, even though the number itself doesn't appear to reflect that in comparison.  It's normally when you get down into the 60s that you need to start worrying, though even that threshold varies from beam to beam.  

My Gen5 signal strength on the ES19 satellite is actually about 15 - 20 points below what it was with Gen4 on the ES17 satellite, yet it still tends to be a little better when it comes to weather, with it now being pretty much in line with my DirecTV service with regard to losing the signal because of that weather.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit