cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given Up on customer service

Junior

Re: Given Up on customer service

I shut down my iCloud and use my time machine. I created a second drive on it to store all of the older OS versions. I agree that it wasn’t Hughes after changing a ton of stuff. I generally save most of my downloadable apple to the partition I created on time machine. I took the time machine off the network as it was tricking up HughesNet because it was constantly pulling and pushing Data through the main Hughes router. I think everything is back to normal now. I’m going to play around with Catalina some more, but at a later time. My Dropbox is only set to sync one folder and I throttled it’s Data consumption. Adobe Acrobat pro is my nightmare nightmare at the moment.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Given Up on customer service

I've got a 2TB (WD blue) time machine disk via USB 3.0 in an external box. Unsure if it's quicker or slower than using the lan, but thinking of adding a second as a media and alternate backup drive to take the load off the internal SSD.

They moved where the local snapshots went. Wish there was a way to reduce the number of those because that also eats a ton of disk space.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.