cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glasswire and Vista

Advanced Tutor

Glasswire and Vista

I tried to download Glasswire on two computers. One a laptop the other a desktop both failed. I went to Glasswire to research, but found nothing explaining the problem. I turned all antivirus off before downloading. Can anyone help?

Reggie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Associate Professor

Re: Glasswire and Vista

Glasswire only works on Win7, Win8, and Win10...  Surprised anyone has a vista machine still as Vista machines, if I remember right, had a free Win7 upgrade for a very limited time.  Apparently the Glasswire program works and interfaces with the Windows Firewall, and it seems Microsoft made some changes with Win7 and up that Glasswire needs, that Vista and lower will never have.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor

Glasswire only works on Win7, Win8, and Win10...  Surprised anyone has a vista machine still as Vista machines, if I remember right, had a free Win7 upgrade for a very limited time.  Apparently the Glasswire program works and interfaces with the Windows Firewall, and it seems Microsoft made some changes with Win7 and up that Glasswire needs, that Vista and lower will never have.

View solution in original post

Advanced Tutor

Charles,

Thank you. You are right I have the upgrade for Win7. I installed it on my computer on 10/7/09. It did not work I was told that it was only a patch not the full OS. I had to spend $200 to have vista reinstalled. I'm to tech savvy enough to chance it again.

Reggie

Highlighted

Good morning Reggie,

Thanks for posting. I'm glad Charles was able to explain that GlassWire and Vista aren't compatible. I wasn't aware, but this is good to know. Thanks, Charles!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->