cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google apps data usage

Associate Professor

Google apps data usage

FYI:
Lately had been noticing that when my wife turned on her laptop it would invariably eat between 500-1000Mb in a mere hour or two.

Did a cursory test and saw Google Drive was constantly attempting to synch and resynch, alternating with a notice that Google thought the computer was offline, then online. The initial process drew something like 60Mb in just the first couple of minutes until I finally shut it down.

Not exactly sure what's going on here, but it is something relatively new (like within the last week or so). It's a definite problem for data usage - especially since her school just went to all-Google Suite for the new school year.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Google apps data usage

Thanks for the heads up, Mark!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Google apps data usage

Thanks, Mark. I'm glad I have never downloaded Google Drive and only use it online, but it's one more thing to keep an eye on, especially for people who notice mysterious drops in data in a very short time.  

@MarkJFine wrote:

FYI:
Lately had been noticing that when my wife turned on her laptop it would invariably eat between 500-1000Mb in a mere hour or two.

Did a cursory test and saw Google Drive was constantly attempting to synch and resynch, alternating with a notice that Google thought the computer was offline, then online. The initial process drew something like 60Mb in just the first couple of minutes until I finally shut it down.

Not exactly sure what's going on here, but it is something relatively new (like within the last week or so). It's a definite problem for data usage - especially since her school just went to all-Google Suite for the new school year.