cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google search failure

Highlighted

Google search failure

When search for site on google for site, ie newegg.com, returns: “cannot find server”.
Appears to be dns , because I can ping 8.8.4.4 ok.
Have changed dns sites to no avail!
If I go straight to site, ie www.newegg.com, it works but if search and hit link, it fails on all sites! ....help!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Google search failure

Sounds to me that Google's DNS is either corrupt or timining out, which happens very often.

Recommend you change your DNS to default back to Hughes at 192.168.0.1.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Redskull 

It may help to clear your DNS cache across your network.  To do so...

1.  Turn off all of your devices that use HughesNet.  

2.  Unplug the HughesNet modem, wait for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3.  After waiting for at least five minutes, which will give the modem time to be fully back up and ready, start up your device and try the activity again.  If the cause was a corrupted DNS, this should help.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Redskull,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy