Hughesnet Community

Google will not load

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ddaywachter

Google will not load

Google will not load in Chrome or Safari on any devices.  When on cell service it works fine. When trying to access it through wifi router at home the page will not load.t

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When you say Google, do you mean that google.com doesn't load?

Yes, google.com will not load.

Try rebooting your modem.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Have rebooted router more than once.

Hi Ddaywachter,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. We definitely would like to help address your concerns. If you provide us with details, we can better assist you.

What error message are you getting when trying to visit google.com? (Screenshots would help, here's how to do them: take-a-screenshot.org)

When did you notice having difficulty visiting that URL?

Have there been any changes to your system prior to your concerns?

Does disabling Web Acceleration make a difference? (Enter 192.168.0.1 in your browser then follow the steps here to find where to toggle Web Acceleration: http://hninfo.us/WAS)

Does this happen even after clearing your browser cache? (How-to here: refreshyourcache.com)

Does power cycling your modem make a difference? (Unplug the HughesNet modem's power cord from the brick for 30 seconds before replugging.)

Does this happen even when directly connected via LAN cable to the HughesNet modem?

Does power cycling your computer make a difference?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are greatly appreciated so that we can address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!