Hughesnet Community

Got Hughes Net in April 2016 very dissatisfied

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnymccoin

Got Hughes Net in April 2016 very dissatisfied

I changed from Wildblue to Hughes in April 2016 because I received a mailer that stated I could get 60GB for 49.99 a month. This was less than half of what I was paying for 27GB. I asked all kind of questions of the installer Skyview Solutions, Inc and was assured that I was getting 60GB of data. When they installed Hughes Net I was assured that I was getting 60 GB of  Data and that I could download movies as long as I used SD. I advised them that I had 4 computers in the house and was assured there was no problem. When My speed was slowed to a crawl I looked at the Status Meter and discovered that I was limited to 10GB of anytime coverage. I did call and complain before my 30 days was up but at that time I had no where to get service except Wild Blue and decided to try and live with it. Finally this month a new wireless service in my area started and I switched so that I get unlimited Data.

Today I called and cancelled Hughes Net WO# 100416951 and was informed that I  would have to pay the cancellation fee and I could keep the equipment that I paid $299.97. I asked about returning the radio and modem and was informed that was not possible. Appears It will cost me about $685. to cancel my contract with Hughes.Net. 

In summary I was told that I would receive 60GB of data and was not informed of the 10GB anytime Data . I am asking for some relief from Hughes and do not understand why they would not refund some of the purchase price on the equipment. I note that all of the telephone calls were  recorded and would appreciate someone reviewing them.
12 REPLIES 12
Liz

Hi Johnny,

I think you may have missed our replies to your initial post about this concern earlier this month. We did have your sales call reviewed and provided you with an out of your ETF.

Here was my last post to you in your initial request for help:

Thank you for your patience while we had your sales call reviewed. The review indicated that your complaint is valid, and I apologize for that; you should have been properly informed about how our data allowance works. 

Please refer to case number 55450487, when you call us at 866.347.3292 to cancel; as it has corporate instructions to waive your early termination fee.

I'm glad you have another ISP option available, and wish you the best. If you have additional concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

johnnymccoin

You are correct I did not see your first reply. I was not aware of how this worked and did not receive a reply in my email. Thank you for checking and fairly representing your company. Should be more Reps like you.
Liz

Good morning Johnny,

You're very welcome, and thank you. Feel free to post back if you have additional questions.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GotRippedOff
New Poster

I would suggest running as fast and as far away from hughes net as you can.  this company is a ripoff.  everything in the sales pitch was a lie.  I will eat the early term fee just to end the service.  I have made it my mission to tell everyone I can to avoid this company.  sucess to me will the the end of their business.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

GotRippedOff, this is a nine month old thread. Perhaps if you started a new one and explained your problem you could get help and be happy again.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@GotRippedOff wrote:

sucess to me will the the end of their business.  

Well, that's not going to happen, and the vast majority of Hughesnet customers are just fine with their service.  

I cannot believe the vast majority of customers are satisfied. This is the worst service I have ever had. I don't trust that what they say I am downloading is accurate. THe service is so bad sometimes that I can't even open their own website. IT is costing me a fortune. As soon as I can get another service I will be doing it.  

GabeU

@Janelleream

It would behoove you to start a new post describing your issue so you can get some help to fix it.    

maratsade

@Janelleream wrote:

I cannot believe the vast majority of customers are satisfied. This is the worst service I have ever had. I don't trust that what they say I am downloading is accurate. THe service is so bad sometimes that I can't even open their own website. IT is costing me a fortune. As soon as I can get another service I will be doing it.  

You may not believe it, but it's true. The disgruntled people are a minority.  Instead of pointlessly griping, why don't you create a new post with your issues? The people on this board are very knowledgeable and helpful, both the customers and the Hughes reps.

yeah, have you read thru any of the comments, such as 'ripoff', 'fraud', worst company every', 'billing error', customer service sucks'.......... the negatives go on and on.  

what do you 'tutot'?  hope it's not logic or pattern recognition

GabeU

@GotRippedOff wrote:

yeah, have you read thru any of the comments, such as 'ripoff', 'fraud', worst company every', 'billing error', customer service sucks'.......... the negatives go on and on. 

No company is without issues, or disgruntled customers, and no company's service works 100% of the time, with zero issues.  The fact is that the vast majority of Hughesnet customers don't have any ongoing issues, including any of skewed descriptions in your rant.  

You should also learn about human nature and why it's not at all unusual to see many more unsolicited complaint posts than unsolicited praise posts, and why assuming that the comparison is indicative of the service is just a tad short sighted.    

If you are having issues, it would benefit you to describe them and get help for them instead of just ranting.   

GotRippedOff wrote: 

what do you 'tutot'?  hope it's not logic or pattern recognition

Perhaps spelling?