cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Service ! No Gripes at all!

Great Service ! No Gripes at all!

I know you have a lot of customers griping about poor service, can't connect and other issues. Well. I'm on the opposite end of the scales. We had the original Hughesnet which never did work right., went to Exede (terrible), then tried Verizon, (worse yet) . We were hesitant but went to Gen 4. Boy, am I glad! The installer was great and I want to tell you it has worked without a glitch. Good speed, very few connect problems,and dependable. We have had it since July and LOVE IT! And NO, I don't work for Hughesnet !
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Great Service ! No Gripes at all!

Good morning, Robert. Thank you for the positive feedback, as it is always good to hear! We are glad that everything is working well for you and you are satisfied.

Thank you,
John

I've had Direcway/HN since 2005, and having recently suffered a dish failure decided to upgrade to Gen4. For the last couple years, I'd relegated HN to backup service only, relying instead on 3G wireless service from Sprint.

I'm pleased to report that apart from getting re-accustomed to the latencies inherent in satellite communications (waiting after the initial click-on-a-link while surfing), my Gen4 has been working perfectly and "as advertised" and I'm very, very pleased about it. My download speeds have improved by roughly an order of magnitude, even over 3G, and it's something of a miracle for me anyway who never thought I'd see better speeds out here in the extreme country.

It also seems to function better during poor weather, but I'll retain my 3G service (now as a backup to Hughes) for those very stormy times when sat comms fail. OK lemme click on the "happy" icon now.
Assistant Professor

When it is working correctly it is very nice actually. The only problem then is the limits and temptation to stream/download lots of stuff. Can even eat through Bonus Bytes quickly if you know how to schedule things. The old Catch-22 wins every time. Smiley Happy

Hi Tom and Steve, I'm glad to hear that your systems are also performing well for you and thanks for the posts. Smiley Happy Suz