Hughesnet Community

HELP! ATA ERROR HSC008

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ketchikanmd

HELP! ATA ERROR HSC008

Received ATA via UPS (as the one the installer brought apparently didn't work), followed the instructions, repeatedly, with no luck. Found a post relating to installation of ATA as opposed to replacement, followed those directions. Getting Error HSC008. Repeatedly.  This is ridiculously frustrating.   HughesNet Modem Serial #83 0010905286 ac    Thank you
14 REPLIES 14
Liz

Good morning ketchikanmd,

Thanks for posting and providing this info, let me look into this for you. 

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

ketchikanmd

Thank you. As of this morning, it's still the same. ATA box has 2 of the 3 lights on.  Am using a wireless router.  Following install instructions. My husband informed me that this ATA box that you guys sent me looks just like the one the installer had brought and tried to install and said that we'd have to order one and that the type of box he had never works. (Now whether that's true or not I don't know, he wasn't that great of an installer and skipped several things that he should have done that we wound up having to do on our own).  ....... We can be reached at 509 945 0959.   The number associated with the account, (701) 339-5991 also works (for leaving messages),  but won't ring at our location as we're super remote and don't receive a strong enough signal.    ..........Which is why we want the HughesNet  phone service, so we can actually use a phone up here.  Thank you again.
Liz

Hi ketchikanmd,

Thank you for this information, I was able to locate your account. From your description it sounds like you're using the Cisco ATA, if so, please reference this video to double check your connections: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKEcrXqtsuE

A switched cable can result in the ATA not activating.

Once the connections are in place, please go to this URL to activate the ATA and follow the steps there: http://voice.hughesnet.com/activate/

The activation process can take up to 15 minutes or so; the ATA at that time has to download information from the server and such to complete the process.

A "Finish" screen show show up once activation is done, otherwise an HSC code should pop up with information on what happened. If you get another HSC code, please copy and paste the entire message and paste it here for my reference.

Normally the HSC codes have instructions for you to follow to resolve the error, so you may go ahead and do that, just let me know whether it helped or not.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

ketchikanmd

Nope.  Same error code.  
Liz

What was the full text under the error code?

ketchikanmd

Error HSC008

Your ATA is unable to communicate with the Hughes Activation System. Please click on the link below to return to the Information Page. Turn off power to the ATA, wait for 15 seconds, and reconnect power. Wait until the Power and Internet lights on the ATA are steadily lit. Now verify that your SAN, MAC address and Zip code entries are correct and click on Submit. If the error occurs again, please call Hughes Customer Support at 866-347-3292 assistance. Code HSC008

Return to Information entry page

ketchikanmd

So I have repeated the same steps over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Perhaps even over. This is night #3.  Perhaps the installation person should come back and figure this out and get it to work. As the first (and only) installation attempt by the local rep. did not work, I would think having them come back out would still be covered by HughesNet..   Your thoughts?
ketchikanmd

??????
Liz

Good morning ketchikanmd,

The community is only moderated during business hours, I apologize for the delay.

This is not protocol, but considering these circumstances, I've dispatched a tech to bring a new ATA and to have that tech install and activate it for you.

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for Wednesday, Nov 9, 2016 between 11:00 and 15:00, our earliest available slot.

Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #101429284 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks, 
Liz

ketchikanmd

Hi Liz,

Thank you. I did speak with a tech on Monday (the 7th, I believe) and he said something about coming and installing a adapter. After I said this was the first I had heard, as I hadn't yet seen your note, he said he did not have one on hand, and would order one and when he receives it he will contact me to set a date for him to come install it.  I will certainly let you know the outcome. I  would also appreciate a credit to our account during this period of not having phone service, that only seems right. Appreciate your sending someone out to fix this issue, and we look forward to using Hughesnet Voice. The internet portion of our service is great.  Again, we will let you know the results of the techs visit.  Thank you.

Melissa Davis

P.S.  Is it a whole new ATA he is bringing us? And if so, I assume we are to return the one back to you that was recently UPS'd  to us?

M.
ketchikanmd

Oops, my bad I think. Just looked over the billing portion of my acct., and it appears I haven't yet been charged for any Voice portion, if I read it correctly.
Liz

Hi Melissa, 

Thanks for the update, looking forward to hear how it goes. Yes, since the tech will bring another ATA, you may return yours if it's not working for you.

-Liz

ketchikanmd

Update - Still no phone service.  Been playing phone tag with installer, hope to get hold of him today and get a date when he'll be out here. Please note:  The installer said he cannot order another ATA from you and will be using the one we have here (the one you guys sent out to us Oct. 27/28th, as the one the 1st installer brought when he installed our whole system, he said that ATA wouldn't work.)  Also please note.....we received a e-mail from Hughesnet regarding not having received the original ATA back.   That would be the unit the 1st tech brought, he took that one away with him.  The only one we have is the one you just sent us. And as the tech we're waiting on said he can't get another, he asked us to hang onto this one and he will try to activate it .    Can you please fix that part where I got the e-mail saying if ATA is not returned soon I will be charged $125.00.    Thank you.

And I will let you know result of upcoming tech visit. 

Melissa D.
Liz

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for this update. I've manually received the ATA in our system so you should no longer be prompted to return it. If by weird chance you are charged a UEF, do let me know so I can credit that back immediately.

-Liz