cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN 9000 Constant DNS Server Lookup Errors. Just one more headache from Hughes Net.

Highlighted

HN 9000 Constant DNS Server Lookup Errors. Just one more headache from Hughes Net.

Constant DNS Failures on all devices using our Hughesnet service.
10 REPLIES 10

Re: HN 9000 Constant DNS Server Lookup Errors. Just one more headache from Hughes Net.

Good morning William,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We want to help address your DNS concerns. We located your account and can run remote diagnostics on your site to make sure the HughesNet equipment and service is fine. 

Since when have you been encountering DNS failures?

Have you tried powercycling the modem and the router?

You may want to check your network settings and perform a DNS flush: http://techchannel.radioshack.com/fix-dns-error-1595.html

Please let me know what you have tried and if the DNS errors persist.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Re: HN 9000 Constant DNS Server Lookup Errors. Just one more headache from Hughes Net.

Liz there are a few of us that have been having this issue off and on for several months now, I had to change to googles DNS server to get around it

Hmm, thanks for letting me know Charles, I wasn't aware. Changing DNS servers was going to be my next suggestion if the above didn't help.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

That's a me too Liz. Was having the issue with Hughes DNS also and switched to Google servers. No problem since.
I think it may be another case where the Hughes server(s) can't handle the load.

Good to hear, sgoshe, thanks!

William, for your reference, if the suggestions in my first post don't help, please try changing your DNS settings to use Google's: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

New Poster

I have been having this same problem for about a month now.

Me too....about a month on all devices...

Hi Aaron and boochips,

Have you tried all of the above suggestions? Do the errors persist in spite of that? If you need additional assistance, please start your own thread so we can focus on addressing your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Liz , your on a roll, three costumers at once !!! , i believe you deserve a atta Girl on this one !!!   lol !!!