HN chat not responding

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

HN chat not responding

I tried to do some research with the chat through HN. I waited for 10 minutes. It just said connecting.

Is chat  working for others?

12 REPLIES 12
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I haven't tried it, but I wonder if high volume is affecting connection quality. Did you try early in the morning?

MarkJFine
Professor

Not particular to that, but I've been noticing a vastly increased number of dead spots lately - many much longer than the traditonal minute. It's either due to severe congestion or my favorite backbone provider.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

I'm happy that backbone provider hasn't keeled over. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Not particular to that, but I've been noticing a vastly increased number of dead spots lately - many much longer than the traditonal minute. It's either due to severe congestion or my favorite backbone provider.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I'm trying to find the truth about customers saying that chat & the phone support are broken. Many have posted that HN support centers are not letting people cancel their service. I would like to prove the truth.

maratsade

Well, I hope you can get through, but you may need to try at different times, as clogged "lines" may be an issue. 

I don't know how you plan to prove the claim that the reps won't let users cancel, though, unless you pretend to want to cancel yourself.  I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing that unless I truly wanted to cancel, which is not the case. 

(I also think this conversation might be more appropriate for the General Discussion section)

GabeU

I just tried and got through in about a minute.  I chatted with "David" and told him my purpose.  Everything was fine.  He could see what I was typing and was answering my input.  

Unfortunately, I forgot to save the transcript, so I did it again.  The second time I talked to Christian...

Thank you for chatting with Hughes Network Systems today.
1:45:16 PM GabeU> I am wanting to verify that chat is working properly. A few people in the
support community, of which I am an active member under the name GabeU, as well as Facebook and Twitter, have noted issues
getting through. Some who do get through are having issues with their input being seen by the chat reps.
I just wanted to check to see if it worked for me. I checked a few minutes ago and everything was fine,
but I forgot to save the transcript.
1:45:19 PM Due to government regulations in response to the coronavirus pandemic, Customer Care
agents in some of our centers are not able to come to work. As a result, we are experiencing longer than
usual wait times. Please stay on the line and a Customer Care agent will be with you soon. Thank you for
your patience during this extraordinary time.
1:45:20 PM HughesNet is currently experiencing very high network usage due to the pandemic. This
means customers may experience slow service due to network congestion. We have taken steps to
optimize work-at-home and education applications when possible. Please hold to speak to the next
representative. Currently, wait times may exceed 20 minutes
1:45:20 PM With so many people using the internet at home, during these unprecedented times, the
HughesNet network is operating at full capacity across most of the US. To improve work from home and
educational activities, we have implemented the following changes:
þÿ " C l o u d - b a s e d b u s i n e s s a p p l i c a t i o n s h a v e b e e n o p t i m i z e d
þÿ " E d u c a t i o n a l t o o l s h a v e b e e n o p t i m i z e d
þÿ " W e h a v e a l s o u p d a t e d o u r w e b s i t e t o a d d r e s s f r e q u e n t l y - a s k work-from-home applications. Please visit hninfo.us/worktips for more information.
We are doing everything possible to make sure you stay connected in this challenging time.
1:45:21 PM Please wait while we connect you to a live agent. The next available agent will text you
back.
1:45:22 PM Agent 370357 Soto, Christian joined chat.
1:45:36 PM GabeU> Hi Christian.
1:46:07 PM 370357 Soto, Christian> Thank you for contacting HughesNet Support. This is Christian. I
appreciate the opportunity to assist you today.
1:46:26 PM 370357 Soto, Christian> How can I assist you today?
1:46:42 PM GabeU> As in my opening description, I'm just checking to see if everything is okay
with chat.
1:46:54 PM GabeU> Can you see my input?
1:48:15 PM 370357 Soto, Christian> Yes I can see it, Everything is coming up and working fine on
my side
1:48:43 PM GabeU> Thank you Christian. I appreciate the help. That's all I needed.
1:49:05 PM 370357 Soto, Christian> Thank you for contacting HughesNet Support. Have a good one!
You may now click the end chat button of your chat tool.
1:49:19 PM GabeU> You too, and stay safe!
Hughes Network Systems Chat Team

This is only my experience, of course, but it worked fine both times.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Thanx Gabe this is what I need for my research. I need both sides of the story. I hope this does not get me banned. I'm only after the truth.

I know sometimes the truth does not set you free.

GabeU

@Reggie wrote:

I hope this does not get me banned. I'm only after the truth.

You're fine.  Something like this wouldn't get you banned.

maratsade

You got through in the afternoon too. Very cool.

Gail83
Spectator

I tried the chat feature this morning around 10:30 am Saturday. I was connected to someone within a minute. I typed in my question when I submitted the chat request, but he asked me again what was the problem. I typed it in and he asked me if I was still there. I typed it again and he still didn't see my question. I kept telling him I was there, but he couldn't see what I was typing. I could see what he was typing just fine. After my third time of entering my question, he finally said he couldn't see what I had entered and asked me to call Customer Service. This is the second time this has happened. The first was several weeks ago. So why can I see what they entering, but they can't see me?

maratsade

@GabeU  was able to get through on Tuesday, and he posted the transcript of his chat.  There may be an intermittent issue, and I hope the HughesNet staff on this site are able to escalate this to the appropriate department, since several people have encountered this issue. 

Were you able to get through to phone customer service?  Keep in mind that if you are contacting them to cancel the service, this can only be done by calling the phone line. 

Gail83 wrote:

I tried the chat feature this morning around 10:30 am Saturday. I was connected to someone within a minute. I typed in my question when I submitted the chat request, but he asked me again what was the problem. I typed it in and he asked me if I was still there. I typed it again and he still didn't see my question. I kept telling him I was there, but he couldn't see what I was typing. I could see what he was typing just fine. After my third time of entering my question, he finally said he couldn't see what I had entered and asked me to call Customer Service. This is the second time this has happened. The first was several weeks ago. So why can I see what they entering, but they can't see me?

Hi Gail83,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I looked into this for you and apparently we did have sporadic chat issues recently. This was addressed by our engineers over the weekend, and should no longer be the case now. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered, I appreciate you brining this to our attention.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!