cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN chat not responding

Highlighted
Spectator

Re: HN chat not responding

I tried the chat feature this morning around 10:30 am Saturday. I was connected to someone within a minute. I typed in my question when I submitted the chat request, but he asked me again what was the problem. I typed it in and he asked me if I was still there. I typed it again and he still didn't see my question. I kept telling him I was there, but he couldn't see what I was typing. I could see what he was typing just fine. After my third time of entering my question, he finally said he couldn't see what I had entered and asked me to call Customer Service. This is the second time this has happened. The first was several weeks ago. So why can I see what they entering, but they can't see me?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

@GabeU  was able to get through on Tuesday, and he posted the transcript of his chat.  There may be an intermittent issue, and I hope the HughesNet staff on this site are able to escalate this to the appropriate department, since several people have encountered this issue. 

Were you able to get through to phone customer service?  Keep in mind that if you are contacting them to cancel the service, this can only be done by calling the phone line. 

Gail83 wrote:

I tried the chat feature this morning around 10:30 am Saturday. I was connected to someone within a minute. I typed in my question when I submitted the chat request, but he asked me again what was the problem. I typed it in and he asked me if I was still there. I typed it again and he still didn't see my question. I kept telling him I was there, but he couldn't see what I was typing. I could see what he was typing just fine. After my third time of entering my question, he finally said he couldn't see what I had entered and asked me to call Customer Service. This is the second time this has happened. The first was several weeks ago. So why can I see what they entering, but they can't see me?

Highlighted

Hi Gail83,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I looked into this for you and apparently we did have sporadic chat issues recently. This was addressed by our engineers over the weekend, and should no longer be the case now. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered, I appreciate you brining this to our attention.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.