cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN out of service over 22% in a 12-hour period with clear skies. 12.7.1 State Code is killing us.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: HN out of service over 22% in a 12-hour period with clear skies. 12.7.1 State Code is killing u

That three people on the same beam are experiencing the same connection issue is troubling.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Re: HN out of service over 22% in a 12-hour period with clear skies. 12.7.1 State Code is killing u

What does the code actually mean?  And I agree it's troubling when several users are experiencing the same issue.  I hope it gets solved quickly for them.

@GabeU wrote:

That three people on the same beam are experiencing the same connection issue is troubling.  

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

'Aloha transmission is unsuccessful'
Technically, it means the transmitter is sending a beacon but it's not getting ack'd back.

Edit: One possibility for the error is an erratic problem at the gateway if there is a trend, so it could be that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Freshman

Just an update since my original post:

Like Phillip, we're picking up 112.1.12 errors as well as the 12.7.1

It's been almost 48 hours with relatively clear skies here in SW Louisiana since I reset/rebooted the modem.

12.1.12 has caused 4.44%,  26 transitions, 7316 durations

12.7.1 has caused 17.2124%, 513 trnsitions, 28340 durations

Signal strength is 133

Red X across the UPLINK on every hour, both current and history.

The outages occur almost as if they're on a timer....really weird.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have not had internet for 24 hrs at
least. We live in nw oregon. Please help!
I have an hn 1000 modem.
Thanks
Highlighted

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for providing your information in such detail. This has helped us gather the data we need for escalations much faster. We've escalated your connectivity issues up to our engineering department for investigation. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Amanda

Highlighted
Spectator

Central LA here. Echostar-XVII, beam 53, gateway 7.

I've been having issues consistent with the others in this thread for the past week or so. hourly.JPGstatecodes.JPG

Highlighted
New Poster

Correction: I have a HT 1100 modem. Still no internet though...
Highlighted
Freshman

Yours looks very much the same as mine over here in SE lousisana. I can barely get on long enought to post anything. We all seem to have the same issues, with the only common link being Huges Net. I am beginning to think there is a network problem. I didn't  bother to worry about this during the bad weather we had last week thinking it was weather and I wonder how many others there are out there in our area with Hughes net down?

Highlighted

Hello,

Those of you in Louisiana (Beam 53) should have operational services now. Our engineers found a configuration issue in one specific network route, corrected it and restored service. If you are still experiencing issues, please powercycle your HughesNet modem. Should it persist, please let me know.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post