cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN7000S Free Download Period not working.

motobojo
Junior

Re: HN7000S Free Download Period not working.

Thanks, Liz.
Liz

You're welcome.

The engineer confirmed that he was also unable to view any usage for your site since the 21st, as you mentioned. The engineer will get in touch with the team responsible for that part of system to help in his investigation.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

motobojo,

I understand your hesitance with going to Gen4 because of the increased data you can get with your current plan.  I had that in mind when I wasn't upgrading, as well.  Then I thought...do I stay up every night and use my computer for five hours?  The answer was no.  I could get more data with my current plan, but I never, EVER came close to using it. 

Twice during upgrading my computers to 8.1 it didn't work because it didn't finish in the five hour download zone and I didn't have enough free tokens to cover it afterward. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
motobojo
Junior

My assessment of the relative value of my current plan to that of the currently available Gen4 plans is based on my actual usage, not on hypothetical possibilities.  On average I use most of the daily plan allowance (425Mb).  So that would be ~12.75 Gb/month.  My current utilization of the free download period (when it is working -- which is usually ;-) ) is 400-500Mb / hour for 5 hours / night.  That's 2-2.5 Gb / day or 60-90Gb / month.  There is NO Gen4 plan that comes close to affording me 72-102Gb / month (total).  And, no, I do not stay up through the night to utilize the free download period.  Instead, I've made use of various programming techniques to fire up downloads of interest during that time.  When all goes well it works quite nicely. 

I understand that there will likely come a day when HughesNet finally removes all support for my HN7000S and my current plan.  Their constant insistence on offering Gen4 upgrades at every turn and their lack of enthusiasm on providing support now are a clear indication of the future.  I can only hope that before that time comes they come to their senses and offer a Gen4 plan option that includes the equivalent of my current free download period, rather than the crippled 'bonus' period (or whatever it is they call it).  Until then I'm mostly quite happy with the 'old' plan & hardware.

Yes, I know how much faster Gen4 is, but that just means I'd race faster into the wall of their meager data limits.  No thanks. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Afraid to ask what you're downloading so much of, torrents would be my guess. Not that I care, or my business, but that is a lot of data. No wonder you like unlimited late night data.
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Hi motobojo,

I really don't have much to add to the conversation since I'm not an IT person, but I just wanted to say hi and let you know that, IMHO, Liz is really awesome and she will fix this! I'm a relatively new customer (four months) and if I could get the old plan you're on, I'd totally do it! :-) However, I'm very pleased with my service so far and really have no complaints.

Good luck and I hope your problem gets resolved very quickly!
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Interesting.  With your downloading habits I can understand sticking with a legacy plan. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
nightmaster
Freshman

Liz, I am having the SAME problem. Longtime customer of around 18 years.
Liz

Hi Louis,

Thanks for chiming in, I've replied to the thread you created, so please check there for updates.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

sistasista

Long time customer of 10 years, but last two years have been hell.What is the free down load periods????? Anyone know??