HN7000S free download period in Alaska

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UgashikBob
Sophomore

HN7000S free download period in Alaska

Just reactivated HN7000S in remote area of Alaska and definitely showing useage after 10pm which used to be free download period.  My 800mb($199 monthly) disappeared twice and tech support wasn't sure what our free download window is. Any suggestions appreciated.

35 REPLIES 35

Hi Bob,

I was just informed by engineering that the Download Zone period should be working properly now. Let me know if that's not the case, and I'll relay the message. I don't know if the change they made also addresses your token concern, so I've also asked them about that. I'll let you know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Greetings:

Based on the attached photos showing free period not active at 10:02 PM, active at 12:19 AM and inactive at 4 AM my best guess is not only did they not change my free period to 1 am to 8 am as requested but failed to adjust for Alaska daylight savings time and I somehow ended up with a 11pm to 4am. I have spent my last all night enduro doing trial and error testing for Hughesnet while spending $199 a month for extremely slow speeds. 

401AM05142018.JPG100205132018.JPG122005142018.JPG

Good morning Bob,

Thank you for reporting back and providing screenshots, these help. I've sent these over to engineering for them to address.  Please also check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz:

Another reason I would prefer to have the 1am to 8am slot is better performance. When you are on the 10pm to 3am free period or in my case the 11pm to 4am slot the time from 10 pm to around 1 am is worthless because it is so slow due to a overload of people watching Netfliz,youtube or other bandwidth hogs

Appreciate your help addressing my concerns. 

Greetings:

After reviewing all three pages in this record it appears that nothing has been done other than defining what my free period here in Alaska should be: 1AM TO 8AM.

"According to our Fair Access Policy for Alaska legacy customers like yourself, your Download Zone is 1-8 am Alaskan time.

What is the Download Zone?

The Download Zone is the off-peak hours of the day, when you can download data at full speed without counting against your Download Allowance. The hours of use start at 2:00 am and end at 7:00 am, local time, for customers with an HN9000 modem. Excluding customers in Alaska, the Download Zone hours for customers with an HN9200, HN7000, or HN6000 modem remain from 2:00 am – 7:00 am, Eastern time. In Alaska, the Download Zone hours are from 1:00 am – 8:00 am, Alaskan Standard time."

Thanks,
Liz

I realize my request has been sent to engineering and there response was my free window was working properly. Simply not true. My download window remains what it was two weeks ago: 11PM TO 4AM. (Except for one instance where it started at 10pm)   I am using the useage meter built into the modem to determine free period because your usage meter app has never worked correctly on HN7K modems. (Try to acquire a token in any maner using just the app)

Just need to know what the plan is to resolve this problem.

Good morning Bob, 

I've not heard back from engineering since I relayed your last update to them last week. I will ping them for a response. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

After suffering through a 3 1/2 week outage because of my second defective modem the free period in Alaska still seems to be the question no one in Hughesnet can answer.  The first night "6/13/2018" after commisioning the replacement modem the free period was from 1am to 8 pm as advertised except for very slow speeds and yellow status light with acceleration errors half the time. After getting up last night at 1am free time was not active indicated by normal green graph light showing decrementing usage per cent. However the free peiod did start sometime before 8am (indicated by FUP not active when displaying usage) the free peiod was active and ran to 1 pm local Alaska time. After gettin up again this evening the free peiod is not active at 2:39 AM. Suspect it will come on sometime in the morning again but who really knows? The total Hughesnet experience is beyond belief.Free peiod 06152018241AM.JPG

Good morning Bob,

Thank you for this latest update. Engineering said they'd be getting back to me any day now. I'll ping them for a status update and send them your latest feedback.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Hi Bob,

The engineer looking at your site made an adjustment. Please monitor your system and confirm if the Download Zone is active at the appropriate time. 

Liz:

Free period started at 6AM and stopped at 8AM both of which are Alaska Daylight time. Please pass on to whomever is responsible for this experiment that I have not appreciated rising at 1 am two nights in a row to find out Hughesnet missed the mark again.

FAP06152018806AM.JPGFreePeriod 061520180606AM.JPG

Good morning Bob, 

The engineer provided me her update just today, so moving forward, the Download Zone should be working correctly now. Only at your convenience, confirm that this is the case please.

Liz:

All times provided on previous post reflect todays time (06/15/2018) and 6am to 8am in not the correct free time for Alaska based on everything I've seen.  After several failed attempts it appears they have the stop time for the free window correct. So you are impling I should get up at 1am to test this again given the past history?  I am running out of cooperation, patience, and understanding and $215 a month while someone tries to figure out how to make a time zone correction. With the 3+ week outage due to faulty Hughesnet equipment and this goat rope the amount of time I have donated to Hughesnet to fix there problems is incredible. 

Greetings:

This morning (06/16/2018) the free period started at 1am and completed  at 8am AKDT and appears to be working correctly.  Liz thank you for your time and efforts in resolving this problem.

Bob

Thank you for your patience as we worked to address your concerns, Bob.

Greetings:

Based on the attached photos showing free period not active at 10:02 PM, active at 12:19 AM and inactive at 4 AM my best guess is not only did they not change my free period to 1 am to 8 am as requested but failed to adjust for Alaska daylight savings time and I somehow ended up with a 11pm to 4am. I have spent my last all night enduro doing trial and error testing for Hughesnet while spending $199 a month for extremely slow speeds.