cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN7000S free download period in Alaska

Sophomore

Re: HN7000S free download period in Alaska

Liz:

Would be glad to help if someone could just tell me what the correct free period is for Alaska. 

Sophomore

Usage meter can not connect to modem

Usage meter will not connect to modem. Worked fine yesterday but may be related to fact it is 3:57 am in Alaska and may be during our free period. Please define current free time for Alaska. No one at your 800 number could tell me if it was 10pm-3am  or 1am to 6am. 

Sophomore

Re: Usage meter can not connect to modem

As an update to this problem uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the usage meter. However it just recorded a 7% reduction after a download @ 4am.  If the Alaska free time window is 1am to 6 am it is not working for me. 

Tags (1)

Hi Bob,

According to our Fair Access Policy for Alaska legacy customers like yourself, your Download Zone is 1-8 am Alaskan time.

What is the Download Zone?

The Download Zone is the off-peak hours of the day, when you can download data at full speed without counting against your Download Allowance. The hours of use start at 2:00 am and end at 7:00 am, local time, for customers with an HN9000 modem. Excluding customers in Alaska, the Download Zone hours for customers with an HN9200, HN7000, or HN6000 modem remain from 2:00 am – 7:00 am, Eastern time. In Alaska, the Download Zone hours are from 1:00 am – 8:00 am, Alaskan Standard time.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting these details, let me escalate your case to engineering for them to address.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Bob,

Should be fixed now. Please let me know how it goes, I can re-escalate to engineering if needed.

Thanks,
Liz

Sophomore

Liz:

The 1am to 8am Alaska download window is not working for me. I have called the support center about this twice and niether person had a clue what they were doing. Is there some way to notify engineering or anyone that can get this fixed?  

Problem 1  Fix my free use period so that when I wake my bride up at 2am to use our overpriced underperforming internet we are not shut down for exceeding usage during our alleged free period.

Problem 2 Fix the Usage meter app so we can actually purchase a token as advertised instead of making another call to the support center to get a token refresh. This has never worked after repeated assurances from support that it would be. 

Thank you for any assistance you can provide in this matter.

Ugashik Bob

Highlighted

Good morning Bob,

Sure I can escalate your case to engineering to investigate your concerns. Regarding the token error, is it still the "Error Adding Bandwidth to you account" error you're seeing? If so, can you please let me know exactly on which page/window you're seeing this error message? A screenshot of the error when you see it would give engineering better context.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

I'm going to merge this thread into your other one since this is all related.

Thanks,
Liz

Sophomore

Liz:

I have been dealing with this problem directly through our dealer Will Johnson in Fairbanks AK. Will and his staff have been far more knowledgeable, and responsive than anyone I have dealt with at the Hughesnet support center. During this free period goatrope we had a Hughesnet modem problem that Will fixed after many hours of extensive debug. Instead of trying to find new and creative ways to dump the problem back on the end user Will and his staff worked together to actually fix the problem.in a timely manner. I realize the support center staff is following a script that yields results most of the time and protects the better trained engineering staff from being swamped with common user errors. However when an end user experiences a true HUGESNET problem like we did yesterday the end user spends a considerable amount of time wading through the swamp of people not equiped to fix the problem. It is not accepable to tolerate this level of support currently available at the support center when paying Hughesnet $2,388.00 a year for 1980 dial up speeds. End of rant. 

I realize there are people who are dedicated to improving the level of service I mentioned and I do appreciate there efforts. It is my hope the rant above is passed on to whomever makes the decisions that effect the quality of service and pricing/performance that HN7000 users like myself have to endure.

Tags (1)