cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN7000s Download Zone option Not Working For Me As Well, Need This Fixed

Freshman

HN7000s Download Zone option Not Working For Me As Well, Need This Fixed

I am having the same HN7000S Free Download Period not working problem as another customer in the forum. I've had this problem for 2 weeks now. If I set something up to download between 2am and 7am it is still eating up my daily download allowance. I called technical support last week and they were of NO help to me.  I've gone through 3 tokens in the past few weeks because of it. I've been a loyal customer for about 18 years or so.

Louis Howard
6 REPLIES 6

Re: HN7000s Download Zone option Not Working For Me As Well, Need This Fixed

Good morning Louis,

Welcome to the community, I'm glad you found us. Thank you for reporting this as well, this makes for an even more compelling case to our engineers. I will escalate your case to the same engineer who is looking into the other customer with the same concern.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated. I'll post back once I have any further instruction or questions.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Thanks, Liz. I work evening shift so I'm usually able to keep my usage down because of that but now I'm afraid to even allow Windows updates because I don't want to get throttled as a result of it.

You're welcome, Louis. While our engineer investigates, I've sent you some complimentary tokens in the meantime; you may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for those.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Louis,

Something isn't reporting usage information, so tonight during the off-hours, this will be addressed by our networking team. Tomorrow morning, the engineer will confirm this was implemented and let me know.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

Hi Liz,

Many, MANY thanks! Last night when I got home the free download zone was working properly again; so far, so good. Thank you so much for addressing my problem and quickly assigning the right people to rectify it. Had you not done so I have my doubts as to whether or not the problem would have ever been taken care of by calling technical support. Thank you for the complimentary tokens as well. I've been a customer with Hughesnet for many years and no one has ever taken care of my problems with the kind of care and expediency you gave this one.

Louis

That's great news, Louis! Thanks for the update, I'm glad we were able to help. I'll check in on the other customer who had the same concern, and I'll also let the engineer know it's working again for you.

Please don't hesitate to drop by our community if you have any other concerns, we're here to help.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz