cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN9000 Down again

Re: HN9000 Down again

John what area are you in? If cable is not in your area or any services from you local phone company. Maybe there is a local wireless service available. If not the only options sound like Gen4 which is a faster and newer satellite then Spaceway3. Gen4 is monthly usage 10 GB 15 GB or 20 GB plans. And they come with limited nights as well which is 50 GB from 2 am - 8 am. You can view the plans and prices for your area here. http://upgrade.hughesnet.com

Or there is Exede they have monthly usage as well. Depending on your area you might have different plans. My area southern PA plans are 10 GB 15 GB and 20 GB. And they have unlimited usage from 12 am - 5 am.

If Spaceway3 is going to have alot of problems HughesNet should give better offers for Gen4. (I know we all can't switch to Gen4 due to over crowding the satellite).
Associate Professor

Yea. I forgot about that.

I am in Louisiana..  As of the moment, I like having my truly unlimited and not a cap on it.. Plus If and when I decide I no longer want this, I have the freedom to, Well, all that is out the window if I upgrade to that Gen 4 deal, Besides, with the way I have been treated and the service I have gotten out of Hughes, I am a little weary of being locked back into a contract with them.. I would say I see 99 out of 100 people on the internet saying they regretted the decision to go with hughes net.. I went with it back in 08 because it was the only option at the time.. To be honest, if Exede would offer a free install (money is really tight right now) I would have switched to them last time Spaceway went down..

You currently have a land based service? If you have other options then satellite that is truly unlimited I would stay with them. I would never have satellite if I had other choices!

Dial up is my only land based option, to get mobile hotspot to work I really need a signal booster. other than that, a dish of some kind is the only other option 
Highlighted

And I am not sure if dial up is available anymore

You had my confused when you said you like your unlimited service. How do you have unlimited?

During the night..  Think it is from 2-7 AM.. Now I only get what I can out of my hughes system, but it is unmetered.. and as well, uploads do not count but it is so slow that feature of my package is unusable anyway

Hello,

Please see our official announcement regarding the interruption of service that occurred recently: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/spaceway-service-notice

Thank you,
Amanda