HN9000 spontaneous reboots

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yorkytime1
New Poster

HN9000 spontaneous reboots

My HN9000 modem has started to do sponaneous reboot this morning.  So far about 10 times.  Anyone know why this is happening?
27 REPLIES 27
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

There is an "O" ring seal on the radio where the "window" is mounted to the feedhorn ... that can fail. Then we have to "window" itself that develop a crack. Either one of those would show a moisture cloud behind that window.
Then we have all the exterior connectors.. Each of those should have had a dab of dielectric grease placed into the connector before it is screwed on.This prevents moisture from either penetrating the connector or moisture condensing within the connector if temp and humidity conditions are just right. This will cause a momentary short between the center conductor and the ground braid.
All of the greased connectors then need to have a waterproof boot applied.

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

in my case it was a tiny pin hole that developed in the window on 2 different occasions over 8 years
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

look first thing in the morning and see if the window is fogged over or has water droplets on the inside of the window
yorkytime1
New Poster

Thanks.  Gwalk...I don't remember seeing a waterproof boot....will check again in the morning.  Charles....I sure will look at the window again tomorrow.  Either way I think Liz was correct with report of water leakage....the whole thing has been drowned with rain.  Right now it seems to be working ok....but the rain has stopped.  In any case...should be okay when the service tech gets here Friday.
yorkytime1
New Poster

Well the service tech was here this morning right on time.  He checked everything.  Checked and applied the dielectric grease then taped all connections.  He also replaced the horn as it looked a little funky.  He said most likely water had gotten into one of the connections.  He also checked our cable into house and said it was okay.  System is back up and running great so far.  Signal is better than it has been for the last few months.  I love my service technician.  He really seems to know his job and does it well.  I would mention his name but not sure I should.  Thanks again Liz for your speedy help with this situation.
Liz

Sounds good! Thanks for letting us know how your tech visit went, I'm happy to hear you're satisfied with the technician's service. 🙂

I appreciate you taking the time to give us this update. Enjoy your weekend!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

yorkytime1
New Poster

You're welcome.