cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN9000 system stuck in State Code 17(Terminal registration failure)

HN9000 system stuck in State Code 17(Terminal registration failure)

Before Hughesnet had service issues during the past couple of days my system was working as expected. The system then of course went down, and today when I got home from work I noticed I still had no internet access. I went into a browser(chrome) and went to 192.168.0.1 and saw there was a problem in the status. I then went to the "Advanced Configuration and Statistics" page to see what was going on in the "Terminal Initialization Sequence". It is here that I saw at the "Registration Process" section "Registration Failed: NOCC Error : Antenna Pointing Validation Failure". It was 8/6/15 at 6pm Central Time when I first noticed this.

I unplugged the modem for 60 secs to see if that would get me through. I'm now at several hours at this state. I did not touch installation settings or anything to do with that.

I think it is worth noting that this is the same issue I had after I had my modem replaced back when I made this:
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/i_have_a_potential_problem_with_packet_loss

Based on what I'm seeing, I have a feeling that whatever Hughesnet engineers did to fix the satellite also cleared my modems pointing override.

I would rather not schedule a technician to come out here unless it is absolutely necessary as my schedule is not flexible for the for-seeable future.

For reference: ESN: 111000102437022

If there is any other info I can provide please let me know.

Thanks,
Steven
67 REPLIES 67

Re: HN9000 system stuck in State Code 17(Terminal registration failure)

Good morning Steven,

Thanks for posting and providing your ESN, we're able to pull up your account. We'll look into this for you, your additional data helps, thank you. I'll post back once we have additional questions or instructions.

Your cooperation and patience are much appreciated.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I have the same!e issues. But I did go to the installation section and just submitted alignment paramemts. I really don't see this being a problem. Chat support has also told me to do this at one point. So I do not know what the problem is.

I also would rather not have to schedule a service call. But it seams like we might have to.

I have a similar problem, stuck in antenna pointing mode with no transmit signal. I was told that #95 is still updating, and that those modems are still down. They told me they would send an email when it's finished. Then if we still have a problem, I guess we call back. Maybe you can find out if you're on 95.

Thanks, 95 sounds familiar from when they installed last year but not positive. Wonder if there is a way to tell from the modem? Interesting that the said they would send and email when it is back up but they didn't send anything the issues to begin with? Kids mentioned there was no internet but I just thought it was FAP'd didn't realize it was completely down, been probably 3-4 days at this point.

If you have signal then I believe the cell that your modem is on is operational. Under the system info tab you should have what cell your on. (I guess that's what they mean). There's 2 different numbers one for downlink cell and one uplink cell (one says microcell - I'm not sure which one they go by)

I can't see 95 on any of my stats. That's just what they told me when I called. I don't even know if it's true or not. Lol Just gives me hope!

Do you see the screen like the one posted at the top of this thread?? If you do what is your uplink cell ID?

Has anyone got this issue fixed yet?