Hughesnet Community

HN9000S - Detailed download allowance information is not currently available

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daavv3T

HN9000S - Detailed download allowance information is not currently available

Is there a known issue, or maintenance going on right now with H9000S systems?

Since last night, around midnight ET, we've been unable to see our daily download allowance.  We've reset the modem a few times since and no change

This is what we see "Detailed download allowance information is not currently available."

Sys serial # J7 111000146612820G

Also noted that AWG attach info and AWG TOG Location were blank for a while in the system status after a reboot.

These entries were just changed to new info a few weeks ago when this was changed around to correct DNS issues.

This corrected itself after 5-10 minutes, luckily because I thought this would cause a big issue!

Terrible turbo page issues today as well, unable to connect!  Keeps going and staying down, resets don't help much if at all.

I guess maybe this is why the connection issues, Flagstaff, AZ (But would this also cause the allowance status problem?)
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/wierd-stuff

Thanks!
22 REPLIES 22
Amanda

Hi Daavv3T

Is last night the first time you checked your data in a while, or had it worked before? We are currently aware of many or all HN9000 customers unable to see their data usage and that should be fixed on July 10th in an update to the website. I also just checked your account and see your gateway is the FLAAZ (Flagstaff, AZ) location which is currently under severe weather. As I said to Gwalk, it should pass soon. I do see they are expecting more storms tonight.

Let me know if you need anything else or have more questions, I'll be around!

Thanks
Amanda
Daavv3T

Hi Amanda!

Thanks, it's always worked.  We check it all the time, at least 50 times a day or more, there's no way to survive on 500MB a day without looking at it all the time.

I did notice that about AZ, right as I was posting this.  I assumed that probably was causing the connection issues, but knew it wasn't causing the problem with viewing our daily allowance.

July 10th?  No way we can keep from FAP daily without being able to see our allowance.  Something changed last night that caused this, hope it can be fixed, our daily allowance is way to small to be able to go 10+ days without knowing how much is available at all time.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you only use a computer Glasswire might help in the meantime.

https://www.glasswire.com/

Amanda

Hmmm... That means you must be on a Legacy plan. I wonder if our Legacy customers weren't having the other problem (mostly thinking out loud here) 

The only thing I can think of, looking at our reports, is that there was an Activation change window last night at 12:11AM EST. A few hours later there was an investigation and then our activation system for HN9000 systems went down. This could be the cause.
In the meantime, would going to http://192.168.0.1 and checking the download allowance there help any? I will also check our data usage tools to see what I can find. Immediately I did see our regular checking tool failed. I'll try others.

Thanks
Amanda
Daavv3T

I appreciate the post, but that wont help as we have 3 users on all day long
Daavv3T

Yes, we are on a terrible plan ha!

That's the cause, that's about right when it happened!

That's the page (you linked 192) I'm talking about, the system control center.  We check that all day long, always, and now cannot...  Since 12 AM last night
Amanda

Hi Daavv3T

Just checked there - I can see it.. Can you show me what you see in a screenshot?

GabeU

I don't know that it will make a bit of difference, but try...

http://systemcontrolcenter.com/

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

In the short term you could use Dbirdman's Fap Alert:

http://www.datastormusers.com/hnFAPAlert.cfm

I used that for years on my 7000 system, long before there ever was an official meter.

Daavv3T

Ha, thanks Gabe, I can see that!

Here is screenshot Amanda

http://i.imgur.com/bvkAvoQ.png

Why does it not work at 192 anymore?  Hope they can fix this, we've used it for years and you know humans resist change 🙂
Daavv3T

Appreciate the help, but we'd rather not install more software to watch something the system itself should and always has provided.  Hopefully they'll get this sorted out
Amanda

Huh.. That's different! I can still see it here.. Do you know how to flush your computers DNS cache? If that doesn't do it I can phone a friend here. 

Thanks
Amanda
Daavv3T

Yes, I'll flush this PC's DNS cache and see if it helps. 
Daavv3T

OK, that did not help, but your mention of this made me check another PC in the house and it's fine there!?  So it's just this Computer!

I clear browser history, cookies, cache, flash cookies etc each time it closes so it's nothing to do with this or it would have fixed itself.  I'll see if a flash update helps, but I doubt it since the computer I check on that it's working with probably doesn't have the latest version (if this even matters).

This is firefox 47, what I always use.  And I now see it works on this system in IE, so it's just firefox on this PC.  I'll figure it out from here hopefully, thanks for all your help (Updating to firefox 47.1 now) - updating Firefox didn't help 😞
GabeU

I was just going to ask if you've tried a different browser.  You could always download and try Google Chrome, too. You can later uninstall it if you don't like it.  IE on the other hand...
Daavv3T

Firefox only here! 🙂

Yes, I should have checked that before posting, so used to not having issues I didn't even think of it.
GabeU

I actually have Firefox and Chrome on here in addition to IE, but I almost always use IE.   I guess I'm just too used to it, though that's going to change as they aren't going to release any further versions and I won't touch Edge.  Soon it will be either Firefox or Chrome.  Probably Chrome, but only because I've used it more than Firefox.  To each his own, as long as it works.  

Daavv3T

That's how I am with Firefox, but also use IE sometimes.

Well I've narrowed it down to just this firefox install or profile I guess.  Works fine in firefox same version in VMWare on this PC, with all the same addon's.  Something must have got corrupted in this profile or something.  I'll reinstall it and get it sorted out.

Thanks for all your help Amanda and GabeU, thanks for the suggested help too Gwalk900.  Hopefully I can get this figured out tonight
GabeU

I hope you can, too.  Good luck.
Amanda

Hi there

Glad to hear that! Sounds like deep clean time. I personally prefer Chrome because I use Gmail, Google Maps, have an Android phone so everything connects + Chrome has a built in task manager that shows you stats just for Chrome's Network and Memory usage (including plugins, extensions, tabs, etc). Pretty nifty.

Let us know if anything else comes up!

Amanda