cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Laserjet M2727nf MFP printer wired to modem router not working

Highlighted
New Poster

HP Laserjet M2727nf MFP printer wired to modem router not working

A Tech set up Gen5 two days ago and had a sucessful print test. Now the HT2000W wi-fi/modem/router can't find my HP Laserjet M2727nf MFP printer. All three of my printers worked fine for years with my LINKSYS router, and the old Dish modem, and like a fool I changed for more speed, and that's debatable.

The HP Laserjet M2727nf MFP printer has an ethernet port wired to the modem/router, its not a wi-fi enabled printer.

Hardware address is 00:1b:78:13:d7:d3

Host name: NP113D7D3

The IPv4 address is 192.168.1.103

The IPv6 address is FE80::21B:78FF:FE13Smiley Very Happy7D3

This info I got from a Self Test some 6 years ago, but I don't know why it would have changed.

Can anyone tell me why my computer running XP, w/service pack 3 won't find my printer through the modem gateway?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HP Laserjet M2727nf MFP printer wired to modem router not working

Hello @gogilbert,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the community. Since you recently switched your network, you may need to rerun the installation for your printer and download the latest drivers from HP.  Please let me know if this helps. 

-Damian 

Distinguished Professor III

@gogilbert 

Regarding the printer, as Damian said, you should probably try running the setup again.

On a side note, regarding your mentioned computer (Windows XP), I sure hope this is not your main computer for going online.  Remember, no matter what virus or malware protection you install, Windows XP is still full of security holes that you can't plug, and though it's not a system that's targeted very much due to so few people using it, it's still easy pickings.  Being on satellite internet protects you in some ways (shared, dynamically changing IP addresses), but Windows XP is still a sieve.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@gogilbert

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and update me on your status after trying the steps. 

-Damian