cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT1000 Modem Quit

Highlighted

HT1000 Modem Quit

I have had a HT1000 modem for many years and it has served me well, but yesterday it suddenly quit working for no apparent reason.  Your tech was able to get it working again but why did it quit?  When it happens again, is there some way that I can reset it?  If I upgrade, is the HT2000 (or whatever) going to do this also?

I need a reliable internet connection.  What do I need to do?

Thanks, D

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: HT1000 Modem Quit

The fact your HT1000 has made it this long is a miracle... The units were... buggy and prone to failure.  When the moderators get on, they will send you a free replacement HT2000w, which for me, has been rather reliable.

Highlighted

Re: HT1000 Modem Quit

@dlanning44,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. As C0RR0SIVE stated, these modems are very old and they do experience issues like this from time to time. I see everything is up and working now but if you would like a replacement to the HT2000W, we can do this for you at no charge. 

Also, you asked if there is a way to reset it if this happens again. The best way to reset the modem is to power cycle everything. Because your modem requires a router unlike the HT2000W, we recommend shutting down the modem then the router in that order. Unplugging the power source from the wall and waiting a couple of minutes ensures both devices will fully reset. Once this time has passed, plug the modem back in and then the router. Allow a few minutes for everything to start up and you should be good to go. 

-Damian