cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

Highlighted

HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

Ok, I got home today, took 3 photos with my cell phone I then went inside downloaded them to my PC, then posted them on Facebook, maybe spent an hour visiting no other downloads or uploads and I surpassed my monthly allowance already! That is for my Allowance for daily usage.

If I were to perform this same Task on Wired or Cable Broad band service would it have used as much Data, This Sat. Service has me concerned, less service for more Money per Month, also I went from warp speed at the start of the week to a snails crawl today? Any input, Thanks Ron

136 REPLIES 136

Re: HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

This is what the meter looked like and I had used I think 2.95 at the start this afternoon.

Assistant Professor

Ron, until an official rep can reply tomorrow, as a precaution I would suggest turning off the modem before you go to bed and even during the day if you aren't there to use it.
It can't hurt at this point and take a snip of usage before you shut it down.
Honorary Alumnus

Ron,
You have the most basic of plans.

5GB for the entire month for "Daytime" (8am to 2am local).
5GB is 5000 MB
If you divide that up that is only 5000\30= 166MB PER DAY both download and upload combined if you are to avoid FAP or having to purchase Tokens.

With all the Ads, auto-start videos, scrips and flash on web pages these days ... 166MB will be gone in a flash.

Its like putting 2 gallons of gas in a car that gets 12mpg.

I keep it off all day every day and always shut down at night, this happened once before in Dec. Of course I think a streaming cell phone app may have caused that,

I'll talk later the cell phone key pad is too small

Ron, that does not look good at all !!   do not answer, so not use up any more of your data and will come back in the morning to reply for you as to keep you on top for you !! okay !!!!
Assistant Professor

To be clear, you are saying you used 2.7GB today just doing the things you said in your OP?

Gwalk, i  received a emergency  message from Hughes-Net ,that i have been hit by a spyware and ad issue  and to call them immediately  but my grand-kids come in and first thing they did was grab the mouse before i could stop them and now i may or may not be able to answer till i get this fixed , and they did say it was their end , but the regular e-mails not effected  just the forum e-mails ,  not quitting  , be back on the air  as soon as possible!!!!
Honorary Alumnus

Chris,
Hughes doesn't do that, not in that way.
There a bunch of scams going on.
Never follow a kink in an email.
Google all phone numbers
Never, ever give out personal info.

I had "Windows" call me tonight. Didn't have time to play.
I really enjoy wasting their time.

Carefull, carefull, carefull.