cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

Re: HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

I will be back when my months Data is rebooted I think a few days away?
Highlighted

okay , talk with you when you can !!!

Went back used msconfig as Gwalk suggested, choose the apps. He said to and got my tower working better with the Hughes setup, I'm hoping things stay this way, I'm working offline as much as I can, Loading things on flash drives, downloading and uploading at the office then bring work and files home, Sucks being on a Budget

Again thanks for everyone's help, Still looking for a virus scanner, I used Micro Soft safety scanner and that showed zero, as does their Security Essential program,

Christopher, thanks just had to blow some steam, once again I'm trying to make this thing work, I'm changing my usage pattern so I can take advantage of the Bonus times, But I work weekends and Mon. & Tues are the only days to sleep in I have so here I am!

Once again I am so happy to have found this Forum!

Ron , one every now and then everyone has issues that they have to let out and problems to solve !!! and this is the right place to do this !!!! as all the while as you do ,you learn more about your computer and what it and you can actually do with and on it, computer,that is and it will get better and your computer expertise as well >and forgot , you have a very great day !!   and we can take that steam and  listen as well !!!

Hey Ron

I have used Microsoft Security Essentials for a few years and it has worked great never had a problem.   I update every night at 3am.

Gary I do also and yes it has worked very well! I use it on my two towers at work, and Laptop and Tower at home, My Cell phone and Notepad are Androids and Verizon takes care of those, seems like just me tweaking the PCs at home has helped! Wish I'd have known that's all it took from the GetGo and I would have never had to complain!

I Copied and saved screen shot, opened ebay Breifly, opened task master and closed Pictures stored on my pc, Opened Face Book Took a Long time to load? Windows did a update Download to install when I close the Session, Replied to a couple comments on FB, Checked email on Win. Live. Checked 12-14 emails Briefly responded to None, I'll close and let windows do the update restart and see how much Data was used in a short Burst? I closed the Laptop, then I rebooted went to FB and responded to one person, win. is updating now. Just finished the update I'll have to reboot to install. Rebooted updates installed and Configured, Now I'll post results here and take another screen shot to see how much data that took up.
Assistant Professor

Ron, today was "Patch Tuesday" when Microsoft releases their monthly updates. It was about 70MB total. It can be much, much larger at times. You need to set your updates to manual if you haven't already. Then you can choose when to download them and install.

Here is the 3rd screen shot of my two other screen shots I uploaded You should be able to see in real time how long it took to do these few simple task, that used up 3-4% of my time Trying to figure out what is Wrong what happene when I start posting Listings on eBay and other sites?