cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

Re: HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

I would be very Happy If I got what I was Promised! You guys sound like You are standing in Line to be Hired, I want to Thanks each and every One of You for your Help in resolving some issues but they reappeared in a different Form days later and I'm the one that is paying for it, much less this wasted time Chatting Here, Hope you all get the Job. I hope They Pay at Least what they Promised, and yes I'm short I got up at 3 to be able to Use Hughesnet!
Assistant Professor

Ron, not an employee and not looking to be. Believe it or not I managed a satellite facility (NOC) in the Air Force so I do have an understanding of the capabilities and limitations of this service.
It is bad that there are salespeople at HughesNet and DishTV who will tell people whatever they want to hear to make a sale. But they are not unique in that respect, plenty of companies operate the same way.
Try to have a good weekend. Smiley Happy

Well thank you for your Help and esp. for your Service. I will have a great Weekend Same to You, I'll get this Thing Figured out one way or the other, So Far it looks like it's Cheaper to Keeper But I'll keep seeing if there is another way Out. Even though I'm past the 30 day Grace period, seems like way Too Many Complaints and No Fixes?
Alum

Ron,

Thanks for your patience and post. Welcome to the community!
I'm glad to see most of the forum members have attempted and hopefully answered your questions here.

I know this must be frustrating if your expectations were not met, but allow us to help fix this and get your service back on track here.

First - we want to follow up on your data drain issue. Let's start off by finding out what exactly is using your data.

We have a good post on unidentified data sources that most customer are unaware of. Please take a look at this post: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/data-usage-sources-common-and-not-so-common

If you feel that you still cannot identify what is draining your data, you can perform a troubleshooting test on your system.

Please follow the diagram below.

You can post reply back here with your results. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

- Warren

And a good afternoon to you Warren and have a great day !!!

Warren I have found several Hints from These Customer suggestions and have found some I have done do make an improvement in service, I found tweaking My PCs have helped, seems like maybe Hughes Net is a little more affected than ATT Wired and I've been told I shouldn't compare the two, I have to run some more Scans and find more tweaks Looks like I'm stuck here for a couple years so I better make the best of it, I do like This much better than Call up, or Chat support, Many thanks to You, the other staff, and customers for your help, I'll be back soon as soon as I get more data time.

I'm not Warren as you can see , but Ron come back in and watch and learn as i'm doing and , even if you do not say a thing ,this an other tool source for you to use and learn and  not to try and make the best of it learn and it will come easier to make improvments  for faster speeds and enhance your computer and your skills  !!!

I wish I had been more Computer and internet Savy when My wife told me the sales Pitches and Claims The Sales staff Put on, The amount of Data I will use is out of our Budget. Maybe Your Company should Look into some of These they use, Having Unhappy Customers only can hurt them, the company that is.

Just using Gwalk"s suggestion on Adblock seems to have fixed my Laptop, The MS CONFIG one even More, I saw others for other members on a Malware program I need to try on my tower

Maybe You should look into incorporating some of these as Options only in your software to improve Service?