cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

Assistant Professor

Re: HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

See my post above. Your updates may have been bigger if you haven't updated in awhile.

Are you uploading pictures on E-Bay and other sites?  Remember DATA is both directions up and down.  If you do, the Pix will use data a 640 x 800 .jpg could use quite a bit 2 to 3 mb but a .png will use more,  then a .gif will use less 500k but the quality is bad, so be sure to only upload .jpg it is good enough quality needed for sales.

sgoshe I have it set to remind me of an update they are all current except what was recommended for Today

Yes but I only did what I explained my question is I use 3-4% In such a short time What will happen when I do try to upload Photos?

I have tried to explain how much Data it uses just to do Routine things, Nothing extra and Bam I'm out of Data? I don't know any other way to explain it?

Sorry if I lack communication skills, but I have seemed to have survived all these years doing just fine until Hughes web came into my Life!

Gary I'm afraid to even Try that! And Yes I do Know the bigger the file the more Tim Thus more data Used, Thanks for trying But I still think this is a system Issue, or a Poor choice of Data Plans On my wife's and the Saleman's part that Told her How this System Works?

I understand about 2nd Tuesday, Been doing this for a few years and I do have it where they notify me and I choose the updates I want.

I think Hughes needs to consider the Amount of Data That is being required today Just To Connect to some sites, Not even Taking consideration the Update Data it requires to stay Current, They need to either Discontinue the Discount Basement Plan they Have or Give more data

Maybe a Few Tokens as Tokens of Their appreciation for us being Customers?
Assistant Professor

Only trying to help but will shut up if you say to.
Do you have an AdBlocker plug-in installed on your browser?
I don't use FaceBook but heard it is a real data hog especially if loading all the pics.
As Gwalk explained before, you are limited to 166MB daytime (Anytime) download/upload with the 5/5 plan if you want to stay within the allowance.
There is no way I could get by on that just browsing and doing small downloads.

Ron, your not lost yet and Hughes will be back in here in the morning , But hoping Chad will be up and around but haven't seen him as of yet  but  they open at 9 AM till 5 PM and will try to get Hughes-Net back on your case  unless one of our members has found their magic wanda so as to make all your troubles disappear  at one swoop !!!  but will follow and hoping , we the community or Hughes-Net  gets you straighten out !! am following you till they figure it out !!!

No sir Keep Trying! I had an old Man Dutch Huyser, My Father in Law that Kept me in Line for the last 25 Years! I get a bit salty at times but I'm here to both Learn and Help, Thanks and don't give up on me Yet! Thanks again Ron