cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

Re: HT1100 OK what a Data drian I had today! What's up w/That?

Get it out of the closet load it with a Linux Distro all free downloads I perfer Mint but if it is too slow there is DSL or Puppy Linux that runs inside the RAM.  That way you will have something to play with and most important learn from.
Honorary Alumnus

I think the last time I actually bought  a computer (other than laptops) was about 1999 preferring instead to select the parts that best fit my needs and install them in my favorite case.

Multiple hard drives with separate operating systems installed on each.

Well Gwalk900 I don't think I ever actually bought a computer ready to go just pieces to put together and make them work.  I even at one time had a Mother Board nailed to a Table with a hard drive mounted with rubber bands on one of the table legs.  I think it was a 386 Board with 4mb ram Phoenix Bias with a 100mb IDE HD running DOS 6.2.2 and Windows 3.1.  I used it for testing components so I didn't need a case to have to open all the time.

I'm running Avast Free, have for years. Backed up with Spybot Search & Destroy and Malware Bytes.  These have served me well for many many years now! I did at one point use AVG for a couple of years also. Both are good, but I prefer Avast.

you ever decide to get rid of it ,we will get together and see what you want for it

Wow You Guys are the Best, Sorry you have to put up with an old gripe like me but I'm unhappy with the Way Hughes is Sold and Represented, I've been self employed and in a sales Related Business since I was 15 years old. I've owned and still do a Business where sales, Honesty, Customer relations, and Product Guarantee  all have to work Hand in Hand, We were in My Opinion Mislead in what to expect, For that Sales person to even Suggest a Basic plan would work for What I have to do, Plus the budget we are working With, What with a New House and still owning the second sure strains the Pocket Book, Esp. since My web Based exposure is so Relevant to my Income.

I just don't understand How My PC can be so Fast one Day and Drag the next? Not even considering the small amount of Data I'm allowed.

Gary i sure would of like to have seen that one , !!!

I find this weird also.  Mind you I rarely watch any video's but I do have a lot I do.  I run the 800Aux forum (Moderator there), 800notes pages: Forum page, homepage and open several pages at a time to help folks with information and often find myself googling up debt collection agency's(which can incur a lot of pages open) and anything else I can find on said *cough* bad actors.   My daughter is using hers as well, facebook, some FB games etc.  But .. I do updates when ever they pop up.  I'm multi tasking pretty much and its not using that much data. I'm at 80% still for the month.  Every couple of weeks I do the updates on my netbook also.  I also hunt ebay occasionally for things as well.

I'm thinking that maybe the data usage isn't registering right for yours for some reason..

Ron , LOL !!!!   bet i'm a whole lot older than you, i tell everyone i'll just be 24&1/2 my birthday ,   just can not get anyone to believe me anymore,  only thing they say now days is     how many times !!!  LOL !!!

FireFoxxy , with a handle like yours ,, huuuumm   Spybot& destroy    i do not wantta get on your BAD SIDE  !!!!!!!   Sorry just could not resist  !!!   lol !!!!