HT1100 modem no system, transmit or receive light

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reannat
New Poster

HT1100 modem no system, transmit or receive light

My HT1100 modem only shows the power and LAN light. I have checked all the connections and unplugged multiple times. Including leaving everything unplugged for 10 min. We are having no weather issues and nothing is blocking my dish
16 REPLIES 16
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Reannat 

With a device that is directly connected to the HT1100 modem (no router), are you able to get to this page?  If you can, please either post a snapshot of the page (edit out the SAN, which is your account number), or post the State Code you see in the System Summary box near the top of the page and the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the bottom left of the page.  I'm not positive of the placement of these boxes as I have the HT2000W modem, though the info should still be somewhere on that page.

That's if I can but if I can't since my internet is down I can't
GabeU

@robertholsinger wrote:
That's if I can but if I can't since my internet is down I can't

If you are in need of assistance, please create a new topic in Tech Support.   

No I am not able to navigate to any webpage with my computer plugged directly into the modem

Hello @Reannat,

Thank you for posting. I attempted to check your equipment remotely and was not able to get any communication. Since you state your Power and Lan lights are on, you should be able to get to the System Control Center while connected directly. If the IP address is not working for you, you can also get to it by typing www.systemcontrolcenter.com in the address bar of your browser. Try moving your ethernet cord to a different port if this is still is not working. If you are able to get to this page and provide me with the state code, I will be able to troubleshoot more effectively 

-Damian 

GabeU

@Damian wrote:

If the IP address is not working for you, you can also get to it by typing www.systemcontrolcenter.com in the address bar of your browser.  

I didn't even think about the fact that the System Control Center address for an HT1100 might be different than it is for the HT2000W.  In the future I'll be sure to instead use the link you provided when trying to help someone with a modem other than the HT2000W.

maratsade

I'm almost positive the IP address has been the same for me from the start, way before HT1100, so I wonder if it has to do with reducing typing mistakes (typing words may reduce mistakes, as opposed to typing IP addresses). 

@GabeU wrote:

I didn't even think about the fact that the System Control Center address for an HT1100 might be different than it is for the HT2000W.  In the future I'll be sure to instead use the link you provided when trying to help someone with a modem other than the HT2000W.

The state code is 11.2.1 - a problem receiving data has occurred

@Reannat,

Thank you for retrieving the state code. Normally this state code is associated with poor weather but since you state this is not the case, I recommend checking the IFL cable that is connected to the dish outside to make sure it is connected snuggly. Once this is checked, please let me know if you are able to connect. If not, I would like to send a technician out to you free of charge. I will also credit you for your time without service once the repair is complete. 

-Damian 

I checked all connections from dish into house. Everything was tight. Restarted modem anyway after complete and still the same

@Reannat,

In that case, what I would like to do now is send out a technician for you free of charge. I believe having a technician come out to fix the equipment on site would be most beneficial in this situation. Scheduling an appointment for a specific day you may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. Please private message me what days of the week would be best and also what times. I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the ones that match closest. Also, please provide me with a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair. This person does not have to be yourself but they must be over 18 years old.

-Damian 

@Reannat,

I have private messaged you details regarding your scheduled appointment. Please update me on your status as soon as the repair is complete.

-Damian 

Still waiting for a response. Going 2 days now without internet
maratsade

Have you tried the 800 number or the chat? The HN staff on this site are on M-F, 9-5. 

Reannat wrote:
Still waiting for a response. Going 2 days now without internet

Not enough cell service to make a call or use the chat.
maratsade

Well, maybe the mods here will be able to get to you today. 

Reannat wrote:
Not enough cell service to make a call or use the chat.