cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT2000 Universal Plug n' Play Issue

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: HT2000 Universal Plug n' Play Issue

That the address of the modem's router being 192.168.42.1 is normal.  The original phone rep obviously needs a little refresher on this.  

With regard to the 5Ghz radio issues, until they send out an update to fix it the only option, other than constantly restarting, is to not use it, and just use the 2.4Ghz radio, or, more likely better, use your own 3rd party router.  That's about all that can be done, for now.      

As for why a web cam would cause a problem with the modem...that's a head scratcher, at least for me.  Perhaps an IP conflict?  I don't know.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
steveandkris
Sophomore

Have you turned off UPnP?  If not, give it a try.  I suspect all of your connected devices will still work and your disappearing modem problem should be solved.  Note that 5GHz WiFi and UPnP are separate issues; I still have not heard of a fix for the 5G issue.

mweasner
Sophomore

At the request of @Amanda, I have created a new thread about the Gen5 issues I'm seeing:

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Gen5-modem-webcam-compatibility-modem-dropouts/m-p/8...

mweasner
Sophomore

I disabled UPnP on the modem this morning. After waiting about 5 minutes I powered up one webcam connected via Wi-Fi 2.4G. SUCCESS! The webcam connected automatically and the modem stayed online. It has been working OK for the past 30 minutes. I will leave just the single webcam connected and see if the modem continues working properly for the next 24 hours. If it does, I will add the remaining webcams one at a time. I will update this thread sometime on Friday. Thanks to everyone who suggested disabling UPnP!!!

dredman
Freshman

My modem received a software update two days ago.  So far it seems to have fixed my WiFi issue where it completely goes out.  I have not tested turning on UPNP yet.  Hopefully that has been addressed in this update too.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

dredman,

It should be addressed in the update, but I can't say for positive if it was or not...  Maybe @Amanda or @Liz can chime in and let us know whether or not it does.

Liz

Hi folks,

Yes, a modem update was rolled out to a few gateways for now, which includes the one dredman is on. This update eliminates the need to disable UPnP. Once the update is rolled out nationwide we will make an announcement.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.