cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT2000W - 14.1.2 - WiFi not working, but LAN and System okay

Highlighted
Freshman

HT2000W - 14.1.2 - WiFi not working, but LAN and System okay

My HT2000W is not running a WiFi network. I have done a power cycle, reset (just reset button), and hard reset (reset + WPS button), but none of them work. When I directly connect to LAN, I can get online. I am assigned a 100.75.186.xxx address and I can access 192.168.0.1 (systemcontrolcenter.com) and view the summary information. It reports that status code 14.1.2 repeatedly comes on and off, which means "Wifi Module missed more than 5 heartbeat messages", but I do not observe a WiFi network ever appearing. I cannot access 192.168.42.1 to configure the router in anyway. Can anyone tell me what I can do access the router configuration or how I can get the WiFi module back on?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: HT2000W - 14.1.2 - WiFi not working, but LAN and System okay

@jeapostrophe 

This definitely sounds like something the reps are going to have to help you with.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, so the earliest you'll see a reply from one is tomorrow, though Damian is on during the evenings once in a while.  

Because they will very likely want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, please be sure to leave you HughesNet modem plugged in so that they can do so.  

Just in case, when on the main System Control Center page, try clicking on "WiFi Settings" on the left.  That you can't get to the WiFi settings by going to 192.168.42.1 probably means that it won't work, but it might be worth a try, just for the heck of it.

@Liz @Damian 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Freshman

Thank you! I'll talk to them. Re "WiFi Settings": It does not show up at all in the settings I can get to. Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Jeapostrophe,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. Upon taking a few looks into your system, it does seem your modem is having a few issues. When I attempt to turn on the WiFi networks as well, the command doesn't seem to be going through. I'm going to be sending you a new modem, with fees waived. There will be a return label already on the box, for the return of the old modem. Please let us know if this helps!

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
Freshman

Thank you!
Highlighted
Freshman

I see that you sent it to the service location and not my billing address. It would be best to send to the billing address, because the service location has no delivery. I can call to correct if necessary.
Highlighted

jeapostrophe,

Not a problem! Unfortunately the new modem has already been shipped to the service location, so once it is deemed undeliverable and returned, we'll be able to send one to the service location. Apologies about the mix-up!

Thanks,

Remy