cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT2000W IPv6 inbound services

Highlighted
Junior

Re: HT2000W IPv6 inbound services

I have "IPv6 - Automatic" checked. IIRC, the HT2000W won't provide any IPv6 at all to the LAN side if that box is unchecked.

Highlighted

Good morning pswired,

Thank you for your update and sharing the steps you took to re-enable functionality. I sent your notes back to the engineers so they have it for reference.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

@pswired Can you post a screenshot of the firewall rule your using on the HW?  

Highlighted
Junior

Here's a bad screenshot- hopefully this helps.Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Sophomore

Yup... got the exact same rule... No Dice... 

Highlighted
Junior

Are you able to take a packet capture from your sonicwall's WAN interface to see if your inbound connection attempts are reaching the Sonicwall?

Highlighted
Sophomore

Yup.. Looks like it's receiving and replying... Maybe hughes is filtering icmpv6 out?

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 9.53.01 PM.png

Highlighted
Junior

Interesting. When I was having problems, the ICMPv6 pings would not even make it in past the HT2000W. I think there must be something else going on here. Do you have a laptop or something you could plug directly into the HT2000W and disable the firewall completely on? What are you using to test from (ping origin)? I have been using the Level3 looking glass here:

http://lookingglass.level3.net/

Using the Atlanta, GA site. It seems that not all of the sites are actually IPv6 enabled. 

One note: ICMPv6 is a core part of IPv6 functionality, so network operators can't get away with blocking it wholesale like they could with IPv4. 

Highlighted
Junior

Also maybe open up remote admin on your sonicwall and try to make a http/s connection via IPv6. But don't leave it open for long since your IP is posted above Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Sophomore

Yup agree... Will check.. In the meantime

1. On your HW check HOME-->Info-->LAN I can PING that ipv6 address : )
  2. Also check ADVANCED-->FIREWALL-->INTRUSION and uncheck "Discard Ping To WAN Interface"

This will allow you to ping your HW modem (I'm using Pingdom to alert for connection issues).  

I have no idea how "static" this ipv6 address is....