HT2000W Modem System, receive and transmit button lights all out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjs
New Poster

HT2000W Modem System, receive and transmit button lights all out

My HT2000W modem system, receive and transmit button lights all will not come on. I have tried to power off, allow to sit for at least a half hour, powered back on, checked all connections, etc. I have had no internet since Christmas Eve. I would like a new modem if possible.

11 REPLIES 11
Liz

Hello kjs, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I can certainly take care of that for you. Please expect the replacement modem in a few days. You can return the old one in the box the replacement modem comes in. There will be a return label in the outer pouch. For your reference here's how to connect your new modem: http://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/internet/where-can-i-find-replacement-guide-ht2000w-satellite-mo...

Please let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

kjs
New Poster

Hi Liz,

I need to know method of shipment. There will be no one home to receive the modem if it is sent to my home address.

thank you,

We ship via UPS.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

kjs
New Poster

Could you please send me tracking info then, so I can make arrangements to have someone there. I never have anything sent UPS to my home address, there's never anyone there to receive it!

thank you again!

Sure, once the RMA finishes processing and the tracking number is assigned, I'll send it to you via private message.

Thanks,

Liz

kjs
New Poster

Perfect! thank you!

I'll come back here and let you know when / if the modem fixes the problem.

thank you again!

Hi kjs,

Still no tracking number at this point, I think it takes a day before one is assigned. I won't be in the office tomorrow for the holiday, but you may reach out to our 24/7 chat or phone support (866.347.3292) and refer to case 126241273 to inquire about the tracking tomorrow or the day after. Since I expedited the modem, it may arrive in a couple days.

kjs
New Poster

Received the new modem, went through all the steps to switch it out, and I still have the same problem - System, Receive and transmit lights still not on, never did come on except when they all come on during powering up. I need to schedule a tech to come out, the problem must be at the satellite dish. Please send me a private message to schedule, or give me a phone number to call to schedule a tech.

thank you!

Hi kjs,

Thank you for the update. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, Jan 3, 2020 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,

Liz

kjs
New Poster

Hi Liz,

The biggest problem I had with scheduling the tech is, you didn't check with me first before scheduling him. I had to jump through major hoops to get the day off on short notice. I don't have anyone who could be there for me. Then he didn't show up until Saturday, so I took the day off for no reason. He said he did try to reach out to me but he called my work phone after hours, and did not leave a message. He also tried my home phone, again late in the evening when I was no longer expecting to hear from him - and did not leave a message. He called me early Saturday morning and said he was on his way. Saturday I had plans I had to postpone until he finished.

As far as the problem I had - the new modem didn't fix the problem, the tech actually had to replace the wire from the satellite to the modem. My internet is back up, thank you for your help there.

I appreciate your prompt response, but for my case it was just a little too fast and didn't give me time to make arrangements.

Thank you,

KJS

Good morning kjs,

Thank you for this detailed update, I'm sorry to hear what happened. I'll send this feedback to our field services department, I would have also expected a voicemail if no contact was made. In any case, I'm glad you're back online. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you need anything.

Thanks,

Liz