HT2000W WPS button

Highlighted
Senior

Re: HT2000W WPS button

Thanks Amanda!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

I don't have anything to connect using the WPS method, but I will say that the button on the HT2000W is EXTREMELY hard to push.  Pushing the button on the front pushes a smaller button on the inside, and you can feel it when it's done so, but you have really got to press hard on that thing.  Plus, you have to push it just right and in the right spot, lest the button on the inside not engage.  It feels sort of like when you push a button on a cheap alarm clock, where you can tell if what your pushing has actually made the smaller, inner button engage and then pop back up.  Pushing the WPS button on this modem is much harder, I think, than some people would even be able to.  If someone has arthritis or something, forget it, it's not happening.  

With regard to the WPS button, at least, it's a very poor design.  It almost seems like it was added on as an afterthought.  "Oops, we forgot about WPS."    

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Hi everyone

Thanks for the extra info Gabe. Just a heads up, I have not heard anything back yet but I will give the engineer a little nudge to see if he's got some information for me. Hang tight ! Smiley Happy

-Amanda

Highlighted
Tutor

I have pushed my WPS button very hard to engage it. It does not appear to acitvate. I will receive my laptop back tomorrow and will have the opportunity to check it again to see if it will connect. I will post back with the results. It appears to be a issue with the WPS button on the HT2000W modem.

Highlighted
Senior

Bump