HT2000W connection keeps disconnecting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
himetime
Freshman

HT2000W connection keeps disconnecting

Just recently we have had trouble connecting to the internet - the desktop connects, then disconnects, connects etc - I run diagnostics and get "The connection between you access point, router, or cable modem and the internet is broken" - I follow the instructions to fix that but nothing changes.  The My Hughes Net page shows system running as it should (green) code 0.00 - any ideas?  I'm not very good at this stuff - tx

8 REPLIES 8
Damian

@himetime,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the community. To better help you I would need to ask some questions. The first would be do you have your own third party router in addition to the HughesNet modem? And are you connected via WiFi or Ethernet? -Damian 

Thanks Damian, we use just the HT200W modem - we have an ethernet cable from the desktop to the modem and use wi fi to connect our phones, laptops etc 

tx

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@himetime 

Does it seem to be only the ethernet cable connected desktop that's having this issue, or are you seeing something similar with the WiFi connected devices, especially the laptop?  

If it's only the desktop, a couple of things I suggest trying are...

• connecting to one of the other ethernet ports on the back of the modem to see if it makes any difference
  • another ethernet cable, if you have one

If it's happening with the other devices as well, or if the suggestions don't help, hopefully Damian or one of the other reps will be able to help with the issue.

himetime
Freshman

Tx but again, no luck!.  I tried plugging into a different ethernet port on the back of the modem but that made no difference-  went to town and bought a new ethernet cable but that didn't help either.  Phones and laptops seem to work fine (slow but......)  Is it possible that the HT2000W is crapping out?  If so, how do I go about getting a new one?  Tx

@himetime,

Thank you for providing that info and I am sorry to hear that. I will definitely need to check the modem and run remote diagnostics. Please send me the phone number associated with your account so I can locate you in the system. You can send me a private message by clicking this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644. -Damian 

@himetime,

Yes I apologize. It appears the period got caught in the link URL. Try clicking this one https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644  .  -Damian 

himetime
Freshman

Hey Damian, tx but when I click on that link I get an error message - is there another way to message you?  BTW on the website it says my system is "OK".  Which is probably is when I am connected right?

tx Jim

himetime
Freshman

So I went to HN tech support and got connected with a tech who was very helpful.  He said my PC was overloaded with crap and spent almost 45 minutes cleaning it up.  He then went into my modem and made some changes so it would be more responsive.  I lost him on the follow up call and the session ended.  The computer/modem worked fine for awhile then started doing the same thing again.  Not connecting then connecting etc.  TV streams fine and wi fi works fine - I'm getting lost here.  Tx