HT2000W's 5Ghz radio not working.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

HT2000W's 5Ghz radio not working.

I noticed in the past that the 5Ghz radio never showed up as a connection option in my laptop, nor in my notebook.  Today, I actively tried connecting both my laptop and notebook, and even my TV, to the 5Ghz radio, and none will connect.  All three are capable of using the 5Ghz band.  I tried rebooting the modem a few times.  I tried the guest network.  I tried changing the security settings to older ones.  Nothing.  It's as if the 5Ghz radio isn't broadcasting at all.  It doesn't show up as an available network on anything.    

The 2.4Ghz band works perfectly for me, so it's not really a problem, but I just figured I would mention it.  I know from past posts that the 5Ghz radio seems to have a problem dropping the signal for some people, and a reboot of the modem brings it back up, but I can't get it to work at all.

With that said, even if the 5Ghz radio were working, I would still be using the 2.4Ghz band for all that I connect with wirelessly as that works fine for me.  There is no speed reduction between wired and wireless, so I'm fine with the way it is.  I was only trying the 5Ghz band as a test.  I was bored.  LOL.    

Perhaps when the next software release is downloaded it will be fixed.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Okay.  Update.  

The neighbors have a newer Lenovo Thinkpad that most definitely does have the ability to connect using the 5Ghz band.  It was brought over.  It turns out my modem is fine.  It connected without issue.  We didn't really try anything with it other than just going to Google and doing a quick search.  That was enough, though.  

I feel like a schmuck.  LOL.  😞 

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33