cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGHESNET IS A NIGHTMARE--like no tip-off on the max # of characters in this title, or that it WILL BE THE TITLE! AND WON'T POST UNTIL FIX!

HUGHESNET IS A NIGHTMARE--like no tip-off on the max # of characters in this title, or that it WILL BE THE TITLE! AND WON'T POST UNTIL FIX!

Hughesnet is a nightmare! Everything seems calculated to be over-complicated--like the websites--or unrealiable--like the internet hook-up itself. Case in point--why do we even have to enter our modem serial number when we've already signed in and they HAVE that information? Just anothe r calculated hassle. Even my meter app won't work. If there's a raindrop in the air, service is down. Even if it's not raining I have to reboot every couple of days. And it's not even cheap service!  And it's slow!  Sometimes I can't even send out e-mail--it just spins.  I'm counting the days until my contract is up. So I can watch a few videos without running out of units......and, yes, my status meter has been wrong even when it's working.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: HUGHESNET IS A NIGHTMARE--like no tip-off on the max # of characters in this title, or that it WILL BE THE TITLE! AND WON'T POST UNTIL FIX!

Hello John,

It seems you've got alot of concerns. First, even logging into our website may not ensure we can actually find your account with just your e-mail address or your full name (there could be more than one person with that name, in your case, there are 3!), so a recent case number or the serial number on your modem will help us located. We'd like to run diagnostics on your site, but as I said, there are 3 accounts with that name - so if you can provide a recent case number or serial number from your modem we can get started on our side.

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: HUGHESNET IS A NIGHTMARE--like no tip-off on the max # of characters in this title, or that it WILL BE THE TITLE! AND WON'T POST UNTIL FIX!

John if you would post your serial number it will allow Amanda to run remote Diag. on your system and see what the problem is, in your case it sounds as though it could be simply out of alignment.