cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGHESNET VOICECALLS ARE BROKEN UP

HUGHESNET VOICECALLS ARE BROKEN UP

Recently my hughesnetvoice calls are all broken up. I moved, and had a hughes installer setup my  installation (dish/modem) at this new location.  I have, previously been a hughesnet voice user for many years. Using the Cisco voip equipment provided by hughes, the same one as before.  Installer put in the 9000 modem.  I still get broken up voip ,whether not I use my wifi router.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: HUGHESNET VOICECALLS ARE BROKEN UP

Good morning bajaron,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We'd like to help address your HughesNet Voice concerns. 

So Voice was fine until you moved recently and had the system set up again, approximately when was this? Can you please describe more in detail how the call quality sounds? Is there static on the line as well? Garbled audio? Does the call ever drop? Any echo?

Can you browse the internet normally?

I'm going to run some diagnostics and check some things on our side, so in the meantime, please double-check your ATA (the VOIP box) setup, it should look something like this:

If you don't already have this, this is the user guide for your Voice service: http://voice.hughesnet.com/installguide/
Starting on page 10 are the setup instructions, so please double-check and ensure all cables are connected to the correct ports.

If the setup is fine and the cables are connected to the correct ports, please check the LEDs on the ATA. Which ones are lit?

I look forward to hearing back from you. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted

Re: HUGHESNET VOICECALLS ARE BROKEN UP

Hi bajaron,

Haven't heard from you in a while, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->