Hughesnet Community

HUghesnet mobile app identifies problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdV
Sophomore

HUghesnet mobile app identifies problem?

I downloaded the Hughesnet mobile app and tapped the "Begin Test" button on the "Self Diagnostic Tool" panel.  I receive a message that says "please call Customer Care for further assistance at 1-866-347-3292".  I've received this message since January 2020 but haven't done anything about it until now.

Whatever the issue is, it hasn't seemed to impact my normal browsing routine. 

So, can one of the mods, take a look and tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

Location: Placerville, CA|Gen5 Beam:55|Gateway:GIL|Router:ASUS AC68U
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@EdV 

It actually gives that message to anyone and everyone that uses the app, regardless of whether there is an actual problem.  

It's annoying, and can cause confusion for those not used to it, unfortunately.  

It's definitely something the reps should mention to the app developers.

maratsade

"tapped the "Begin Test" button on the "Self Diagnostic Tool" panel.  I receive a message that says "please call Customer Care for further assistance at 1-866-347-3292".

"It actually gives that message to anyone and everyone that uses the app"

I just tested the app on the iPad and iPhone, and both times I got "system OK." 

EDIT: If there's a problem with the system, it would likely be identified by the SCC. 

EDIT 2: i meant that I don't get the message you two get. 

GabeU

@maratsade 

The following is what the EdV and I are referring to, with the second being when I tapped Yes on the first.  It's when I went to test my WiFi signal.

HN1.jpgHN2.jpg

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my system or connection, yet I frequently see this, and I've seen others mention the same.  

maratsade

I don't see that.The only way I seem to be able to get to the self diagnostic test is this (after opening the app):

1. click plus sign
  2. click wifi icon
  3. click self diagnostic tool tab
  4. click begin test

I don't get any errors. The test runs, and I get "system OK." 

Is there another way to access the self diagnostic test on the app? I can't find a different way.

GabeU

@maratsade 

Did you ever get that notification?  Maybe the first time you ran it?  I don't get it every time, but once in a while when I click the WiFi icon to run the test.  

For those who see it and aren't used to it, they're going to immediately think something is wrong and call.  😞

I only have an Android device.  Maybe it only does it with that version of the app.

maratsade

Nope, I've never had this notification at all. I wonder if it's platform related. It definitely needs fixing. 

@GabeU wrote:

Did you ever get that notification?  Maybe the first time you ran it?  I don't get it every time, but once in a while when I click the WiFi icon to run the test.  

For those who see it and aren't used to it, they're going to immediately think something is wrong and call.  😞

I only have an Android device.  Maybe it only does it with that version of the app.

Remy

EdV,

We appreciate you reaching out to us and providing us with this information. I'll be escalating this up the proper channels to make sure this gets to the app developers. We appreciate your cooperation in this!

Thanks,

Remy