cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy with Gen4 Upgrade & HughesNet employees!

Happy with Gen4 Upgrade & HughesNet employees!

I recently upgraded to Gen4 and the system is running very smoothly. I didn't have any probs with the call center nor the technician. I did upgrade to 10mgb & only received 5, so I need to figure out what went wrong there. I am happy that HughesNet is listening to their customers!!!!
7 REPLIES 7
New Poster

Re: Happy with Gen4 Upgrade & HughesNet employees!

Hi Carol, welcome to the community. have you runs your speed tests through hughes speed test or did you use a 3rd party speed test? here is the link to the speed test for the Gen4.
http://jupiter.performancetests.hughe...
Please run tests in groups of 5 tests in the morning, at noon and in the evening, so the mods can see the results, also if you have called CS please post a resent case number, or you can also just post the serial number from the sticker on the back of the modem. just wondering where have you run your speed tests from?
Assistant Professor

I thought she might have meant 10GB versus 5GB allowance. Maybe not.
Honorary Alumnus

Hi Carol,
I too am on Gen4.
If you are not familier with Hughes plans, some things like plan differences and tools and methods to monitor usage can be laborius to find.

If have questions there are the Hughes employees and your fellow users to help.
In addition to that there is also a small group of long term Hughes users such as yourself that have written a number of FAQs and How-To subjects here that may make it easier to get oriented:
http://www.ricksyakshack.com

Post here, or at the Shack if you need unoffical one on one help that needs a little more depth.

Welcome to Hughesnet, there are many to help you get the most from your connection.
New Poster

you all may be right, I just assumed speed, lol

Hi everyone thanks for the help. I meant 10GB. I have everything figured out and as you might have seen by my post, I was a bit confused. So everything is going fine and I now have my 10GB like I wanted. Still working good, YAY!
New Poster

Glad you got it figured out, have a great weekend
Alum

Good morning, Carol. Thank you for your post. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your HughesNet services. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Blake