cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has HughesNet figured out a way to fake a speedtest?

Michael57
Senior

Re: Has HughesNet figured out a way to fake a speedtest?

Hey! I'm still very technical, jeez don't put me out to pasture yet! Smiley Very Happy 

Oh, I don't doubt that XXX provider has suboptimal configs and even sometimes messes things up enough to cause an acute situation. Though even then, there's still a conversation to be had there about responsiblities and SLAs's but that's a topic for a different day.  In any event, it's still the exception, and in this case, it still doesn't pass th sniff test.

The only sites that work at even a 10th of the advertised speeds (of the literally hundreds I've tried in the last month) are speed test sites, and they operate above advertised speeds every single time.  That's just way too specific...

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Re: Has HughesNet figured out a way to fake a speedtest?

The problems with CenturyLink have been going on for well over a year, possibly two. I picked SDO because they are one of the ones served by them. They won't admit there's a problem, and won't even talk to me unless I have a customer number, which clearly I don't. It's that bad. You may remember they were the ones who brought down the internet on the west coast for a few days over one summer because of a simple card failure. It even made network news.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.